Thread: Winter Projects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Winter Projects

The forum is a bit slow these days. Anyone have Winter upgrades or other projects planned. Something new perhaps to show off at CobraFest in May. My car is now very close to 12 years old and with 30,000 on the ticker it is in need of some repairs, some modifications, a lot of paint touchups, detailing, etc.

Things to Do:
    -Replace one cooling fan motor. It gave up the ghost last Summer and has gone on to a better place.
    -Move the cooling fan motors apart by 1 inch to accomodate 11" fans.
    -Redo the hood. A few small cracks developed in the surface so it needs touchup and paint.
    -Rebush the door hinges. The doors droop a bit and are a source of rattles.
    -Install a Quicktime safety bellhousing as replacement for the Lakewood.
    -Have the soft top modified to closer match the original type. This includes adding top material to cover the front of the bows up to and wrapping around the front leading edge.(Under the side latches) Also splitting the fabric that secures the top to the top frame and installing snaps to reduce top installation time and effort.
    -Reinforce the hood mounting. Aggressor really shakes the hood side to side when you mash the loud pedal and this should help restrict this motion. I'm also concerned that the mount will fail. I've replaced one front mount to date.
    -Install tubular braces as an original CSX from the transmission tunnel to behind the dash.
    -Install twin Girling PowerStop remote brake vacuum boosters as per CSX3015.

Other 2013 Projects:

1968 Mustang, 1986 TransAm, 1972 Triumph GT6 MKIII
    The GT6 is running fine and carries current PA inspection. The Mustang needs tires, paint and full rear quarters. The TransAm needs tires, paint, carpet, interior trim and upholstery.

-Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; December 13th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.