Thread: 10/22

10/22

Looking at some news stories today. Do I understand correctly that now in NY because a Ruger 10/22 magazine holds more than 7 rounds it is now considered an assualt weapon and the offending weapon only has to have one of the three evil features of most semi autos? What exactly is a assualt weapon? Never heard the term used in the military, just news.

Although not always on the mark, Wikipedia has a fairly good definition of assault weapon/rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

I don’t think anyone is 100% sure where the term “assault weapon” was first used. For sure, it’s not a military term to describe their weapons. Probably created by the media and/or anti-gun organizations to sound sinister, and to brain wash people into thinking that anything that looks like a military weapon can ONLY be used to kill people, and has no other use. The latest criteria we see now to describe an assault weapon can group just about any rifle or pistol capable of semi-automatic operation! Many pistols today have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. My take on that after serving in the military and 33 years with a police agency is; if I’m ever in a gun fight I’d rather have rounds left over than not enough to make sure I come out alive. The same goes for anyone who happens to be the victim of someone armed breaking into his home. I’ve even read where extreme liberals define a rifle with a scope a “sniper rifle” and want them banned.

When people who have absolutely no experience or knowledge of shoulder fired weapons design our “gun control” regulations, it’s no wonder gun owners cry foul.

And most of the things they want to ban will have absolutely no effect to reduce the carnage like at Sandy Hook, with the exception of keeping ANY weapon from the hands of nut cases who are so depressed that the only way for them to react is to kill someone. And that won't be easy.

Oh, want to make your 10-22 look like a REAL assault rifle? Check out www.promagindustries.com archangel stock kits.
    Last edited by Jim Harding; January 16th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Angry

Check out "Handbook for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky. The "re-define and demonize" procedure has served Comrade Obama and the Party well for decades.
    Bill
    Bill Stradtner, Portsmouth, VA
    427 S/C #9442
    427W Dart "Replica" Ford Engine