I had a scary experience pumping gas into the car. After pumping my usual 3 gallons into the car and placing the fuel nozzle back into the pump cradle, I noticed gas running out of the bottom of the car in two driver's side locations, one underneath the rear axle and the other at the rear most corner of the trunk. My initial thought was the fuel pump hose fitting had lossened from the tank. Since I couldn't get under the car at the filling station, I had planned to remove the tank and check the fuel pump fitting. When looking to see what tools would be needed to remove the tank, I noticed the filler hose had become disconnected from the tank. After removing the carpeted side panel for better access to the filler hose, I noticed the hose was fully connected to the filler but not even touching the tank filler neck. I had been pumping gas into the trunk, not the tank. Apparently, over time (15 years since my kit was built), the hose shrunk. I have since purchased a new, longer, black rubber hose from Unique. I first tried a generic black rubber fuel filler hose from a local parts store, but it kinked when bent as it didn't have the wire support inside as the one I obtained from Unique.
If any of you have an older, clear hose with the spiral wire support inside, I'd recommend you replace it with the newer black hose from Unique before your clear one shrinks.