Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Homecoming

Got it Gary!!

The dead line to enter is Monday, if you plan to attend we need to know asap so we can order t shirts.

Alan

ONLY 37 days until the 20th Annual UNIQUE Motorcars Homecoming. It is a great time for socializing, bench racing, story stretching, food, fun and a great cruise. Last year's cruise, led by Zack Butterworth, from Gadsden to Cade's Cove was outstanding.....Zack even provided maps. Alan arranged for lunch at the Gridiron in Centre where the food and service were both great. SO don't wait too long to get your registration in join in on the fellowship and fun!
    Dennis M. Swann

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Hoo Ha! Gadsden or bust... wish the car was done. Course,... I would have to work on it for that to happen.

James and I plan to head down. I'll call and touch bases tomorrow, Alan.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Cruise

Talked with Maurice several weeks ago, and Alan earlier this week about the cruise. I'd been looking for something different, but... everyone we've been in contact with wants to go to Cave Springs again. So, that's the plan! We're going to plan on eating lunch a little later (at the Gridiron in Centre) so that folks have more time to spend exploring Cave Springs.

Like last year, I'll have route notes & map for everyone. Just got to go do a pre-ride of the route to make sure we're clear of any construction, etc.

See y'all next month!!!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

I wanted to let those of you who stay at the Hampton Inn know that Susan's Barklays husband passed away yesterday morning, his name is Mark and he has been battling cancer for several months. She has always treated us and our customers like family so I thought you guys would want to know.

Alan

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Lightbulb Had an idea...

I was just checking on the long range forecast, and noticed there is a 50% chance of boomers on Saturday next... not that it is very accurate this far out, but it made me think of a question for the gang. Is the schedule sacrosanct, or should we consider it flexible such that, if it looks like rain on Saturday the cruise happens Friday instead, leaving the shop day for the rain date? This flexibility would allow it all to happen, even on the outside chance of inclement weather... and no, I'm NOT jinxing it!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Day 2 of Homecoming and not a drop of rain!

Pictures please.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Yeah..... where are the photos and comments/stories of Homecoming?
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Between loading the trailer for Carlisle and getting the shop back into working mode I haven't had time to post Homecoming pictures but I will as soon as I have time. The turnout was very good and it didn't rain on Friday or Saturday until we came back from the cruise, the food was great and our customers had a good time, what else can you ask for!!!

Homecoming was GREAT! Top of the River was good as always, big crowd at shop on Friday, good bar-b-que at "Dads" that night followed by a great drive to Cave Springs, GA (led by Zack "the weather beater" Butterworth on Saturday followed by lunch in Centre, AL and Villa Fiesta that night. Who said we don't drive to eat?

Everyone got to meet future family members, Megan's fiancé John Player and Jerrod's fiancé Lidi who both did a great job of fielding hundreds of questions.

We all voted that even if the Weavers could not sponsor an annual homecoming, that several owners would. This is too great a group of people to not see at least annually.

Thanks to all the Weaver family for organizing and hosting a great weekend!
    Dennis M. Swann

For the life of me, I cannot understand how such an important yearly event gets so little response after the event. No stories, no photos, is that what is going to keep this forum going? Come on guys, you owe more than that to the Weavers.

^^^ What he said.

I'm sure you all have cameras on your phones. Come on guys.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

I've been waiting for Pat Quattro to post some pics, he was our unofficial photographer, I will call him today and ask him to post. I have a hard time figuring out how to add a picture and I have just about used all my file space. My wife will upload pics on our facebbok page as soon as school is out, the last week of school is very hectic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0514 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	3136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0512 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	3137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0526.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	3138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0525.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	3139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0521.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	3140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0517.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	3141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0511.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	3142

Ditto on comments by Dennis! Renee and I had a GREAT time, but unfortunately had to leave Saturday due to my back problem. Doctor confirmed a ruptured disk and surgery is scheduled for this Thursday. I attached a few pics. Gary
    Last edited by pbrown; May 21st, 2013 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks gary, how's your back?

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Thanks gary, how's your back?
    Taking meds for pain, and experiencing an extremely weak right hand. Should feel much better after surgery to relieve pressure on the nerves. Thanks, Gary

Gary.....please keep us posted on how the surgery goes. We'll be praying it is a complete success.
    Dennis M. Swann

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    I have just about used all my file space.
    I just changed the attachment limit. Everyone is now set to unlimited.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator