Thread: Help with convertible top bow ferrule placement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help with convertible top bow ferrule placement

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could help me. I recently bought another Unique Motorcars Cobra. It is the 4th one that I have had over the years.

The question that I have is this:

The car came with a convertible top. It has the quick snap fittings already on the car for the back of the top and all the windshield hardware attached for the front of the top.

It has the ferrules to put in the body for the convertible top bows to go into, but they didn't install the ferrules!

So all that is stopping me from using my top is installing one ferrule on each side.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, or better yet a photo, of where to install the ferrules?

I have included a couple of photos, one from the driver side and one from the passenger side.

I saw a Factory Five video online that shows that their top kit comes with a cardboard template that shows where to drill the holes.

Also, what is the best way to drill into the fiberglass that has already been painted to not ruin the paint job or fracture the fiberglass.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pass side top drilling.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	3114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	driver side top drilling 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	3115  
    1st car was a Cobra hopefully last will be also