Thread: Forum Activity

Thumbs up Forum Activity

633 members with very little posting activity. UNIQUE owners and Forum Members are "unique" people. Forum topics are not limited to just Cobra build and fix issues, let members know what's going on in your life. I'll start it off!

Betty and I just returned from a week long trip on a 53' sailboat in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). It was a retirement (April 30th) gift for me. Best vacation we ever had. Google Windstar Charters in Saint Thomas for details.....what a week!
    Last edited by dmswann; June 18th, 2013 at 05:51 AM.
    Dennis M. Swann

How about your next vacation, London Ohio Cobra event!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    How about your next vacation, London Ohio Cobra event!!!!!
    I see where Maurice is signed up w/Dennis Swann,..... you going too Alan?

Taking the old 3004 Black car, 9512 needs some more tinkering and I don't have the time to get her ready.
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

I have to mind the store, maybe next year!

Yes, Maurice graciously agreed to let me accompany him to London. We are connecting with Butch Capps, Ralph Long, and maybe Tony Lewis in Knoxville. Now it sounds like there will be a few more attending, so UNIQUE will have a good showing!

By the way, for all you "Kit Car Builder" subscribers.....there is a nice UNIQUE FIA car on page 19 of the latest issue!
    Last edited by dmswann; June 18th, 2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Added additional comment.
    Dennis M. Swann

Nice to know there are some Uniques gonna be there. We are driving out on Thursday, and will be ready for cold beer and a hot tub by the time we get there Haven't been to Ohio in.....5 or 6 years now; be good to take the ride.

Will be looking for you all around the town! Safe trip to all.

Roger
    Yeehah

OK... latest automotive project at the Butterworth farm is a jeep-style trailer. Picked up a 1960's M-416 a couple of weeks after Homecoming. Rebuilt the hubs & parking brake, now have it at the shop for sandblasting, some fab work, and painting. Tailpanel is all hacked up, so we're fabbing a replacement that will have a side-swing tailgate similar to current Jeeps. Frame & undercarriage will be black, and body painted silver to match my Wrangler. Even though my Jeep is the long wheelbase version, the extra trailer space will be great for going to Pigeon Forge, etc. with the whole family!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Zack,

Sounds like an interesting project. I look forward to seeing it in PF this fall.
    Dennis M. Swann

Honestly wonderful to see you guys in London; it's been a long time. Maurice, wish I had more time to spend with you, but thanks much for what time we did get.

Ride home was - as usual - without so much as a hiccup. A little rain in PA so cleanup a-comin'. Now back to work and the day-to-day grind....but sure was fun to scoot out for a few days.
    Yeehah