Thread: Carburetors?

Question Carburetors?

OK. I have an old Speed Demon on my stroker; has been on the car since it was built (11yrs ago) and has, for the most part, worked pretty well. Not perfect by any means, but OK.

However. Mileage has always been laughable, and has only decayed with time. This carb doesn't have adjustability like new stuff does, and I'm thinking that replacement is justified after all this time.

So, question is: Who does GOOD carb builds? Not averse to Holley or Demon stuff, but would like to have something done that's good and close to where it should be, as delivered. Final tuning on a dyno will be pursued.

Any and all suggestions are gratefully received. Thanks, all.

Roger
    Yeehah

Try calling David at David smith carb, he is one of our old customers and builds great carbs. Tell him we sent you and to give you a good deal. He use to race with Casey Elliott, ernie's son before casey died from cancer, he did most of the race tune up for Casey. His number is 706-265-5708.

Get a good wide band O2 tool and use it to adjust the carb you have. You can modify the carb for adjustable air bleeds and IFR. You could also buy a carb that that already had these mods from Quickfuel.

You could also go to an EFI setup.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Thank you, mens. I appreciate both replies; Alan, thanks much for supplying the phone # for David - it will get used.

Pat, it has been a while since I looked at the Innovate meters....maybe time to do again. I'm not fond of the thought of the purchase, tho, for a tool used essentially once and then shelved. As to the off-the-shelf stuff, I really like going to a vendor who will have his fingers on/in the unit - makes me feel as tho they have a whole lot more interest in getting it right.

EFI??? YOU HERETIC! BLASPHEMY!! Perish the thought!
    Yeehah