As many of you may know from this forum and homecoming events, I have had alignment and vibration problems with my car that just remained an unsolved source of frustration since the car was purchased in 2001. The fix was relatively simple once understood.

After 12 years of dealing with steering that just never seemed right along with some nagging minor constant vibration at higher speed I found the problem. When my car was being manufactured by Unique I ordered my Compomotive wheels along with my tires. I was expecting the front wheels to be 15" X 9" as per my order. The front wheels shipped by the dealer were 10 inches wide with much of the extra width offset to the outside. To compensate for this extra roadforce leverage additional toe-in is required. Right now toe-in is a hair short of 1/8" per side or just short of 1/4" total.

Defining the problem took a long time and recent chassis alignment research/study confirmed my suspicion.

Aggressor can now run over 65 mph without steering uncertainty and vibration. She still shakes, rattles, and vibrates the cockpit quite a bit but that only comes when the engine's trying to hookup to pavement.

-Geary