Thread: fixations body

fixations body

Hello,

Where are the attachment points of the body on chassis?

There are four, two on each side.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Last edited by pgermond; August 18th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

Ok thanks 😉
    Just 4 fixations for the fiberglass body on chassis?

Send me an email address via PM or on this thread and I'll send you the Unique build manual. It will show the body mount positions.

Ok Wlewis, i don't have this manual

My email system is acting up preventing me from cutting and pasting the entire assembly manual, but I did scan and email you the 2 pages relevant to body bolts.

A question for owners of older cars.
    My car has just passed 46,000 miles and it has developed some rather loud and annoying creaks. If you lift up slowly on the front fender arches there is a point where a creak is heard.
    It’s like you go so far and then the tension releases. I think it may be the wheel well body-to-frame attachment. In the cockpit the steering wheel seems to be another source of creaking. It’s as if the layers of aluminum and wood creak because of movement between the layers when stressed in slow tight turns.
    - Geary

Hi Geary,

You would have to define "older". My VIN is 4279436, built in 2003. I don't have near the miles you do, however, I haven't detect any more creaks or rattles than normal (which aren't many). You mentioned wheel well attachments..... I only recall four bolts holding the body to the frame.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

There are 3 bolts on either side plus one on each side up in the front wheel well. Anyone who wants a Unique assembly manual, pm me with your email address and I’ll send it to you.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
    Ok thanks 
    Just 4 fixations for the fiberglass body on chassis?
    No, there are more than those four... if I remember correctly, there are two up front, near the front of the hood, one on each side. There are a couple in the rear area of the trunk, as well. My car is at Unique, so I cannot photograph it, but perhaps someone can post some photos.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Hello guys! Its been a while, but you may remember my son Brian and I reincarnating the infamous "Spence". Don't know what body style you're referring to, but on a FIA there are 6 main body mounts. Two thru the rear gas tank mounts, at least two thru the cowl brace frame, and two up front in the wheel wells by the radiator mount. In addition, you have all the seat and seat belt mounting hardware going thru the body criteria and floor pans in the outriggers of the frame. Not sure if I can post pics anymore but will email as many as anyone needs. Just send me a email address. The car is running well and is all shinned up for an afternoon ride. Paul, I'm glad to see that your ride is finally taking shape. One always wonders how long to let a body cure before doing the final details. Both yours and ours met the criteria decades ago.

Bill