Thread: Virus

Virus

This site has been down for me for about a 1 1/2 weeks. My virus checker has flagged a "redirect" virus every time I tried to reach this site through Various search engines. I did link in only a few times cleanly only to find little or no activity. I'd suspect that others have had the same situation. It seems something was imbedded in the site link. I was shocked to get linked this evening without the offensive files being locally truncated and sequestered to a safe holding area for deletion.
    -Geary

I'm sorry for any trouble. I'm trying to find the source of the problem.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Patrick - The only way I can communicate with this web site is through my wife's IPad.

My Avast Virus protection is flagging with the following message:

Infection Blocked
    URL: http://www.uniquecobra.com/
    Infection: JS:Redirector-PY(Trj)

The only thing I could not replicate is the brackets surrounding Trj should be straight edged "C" shapes instead of the curved lines shown.

Hope this helps -Geary

I've upgraded the site to 4.2.2. I found some unauthorized product plugins that I removed. There were also several "admin" users that I did not create. They have been removed. I'm still getting virus warnings. Looks like I need to contact the software vendor for help.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator