Thread: Pedal adjustment option

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pedal adjustment option

I thought I would pull this out of my "Engine in" thread because it is important in setting up our cars for comfort, driveability and safety.

Adjusted the valves and set the timing. Pulled the plugs and checked and set the gaps. Put the new Powermaster starter in as well.
    I also adjusted the gas pedal position out by shortening the linkage rod going to the throttle linkage.
    The rod has one end with a right hand thread and the other end with a left hand thread. I have a tap and die set so I naturally added threads to the end with the right hand thread. The thread is 1/4" fine thread. The stainless rod is tought to thread so take your time. I figured how much to cut off by measuring the pedal from the pivot point and marking a piece of metal. Then set up screws on my bench. Move the pedal end the distance i wanted then measured the connection end. I then measured from the firewall to the rod connection for the carbs.
    Then I removed the rod and moved the pedal the measued amount and remeasured from the firewall to the linkage.

This was done to match the moving the brake and clutch pedals out because of my short legs. I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam.
    Last edited by Naumoff; September 15th, 2021 at 02:19 AM.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear