Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unique Owners roll call. If you pop in please say hello here

Haven’t signed on here for a long time...haven’t put more than about 500 miles on both cars since a Revision hip, COVID-19, and other aches and pains have over the past few years. Hope all are OK and enjoying their rides. Y’all take care and say safe....
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Hey Jim, good to hear from you on the Unique forum.
    Been meeting up with some Maryland Cobra people on Sunday mornings at the golf course on 214.
    Val and Sandy Wadsworth sold everything and the Mustang and his Cobra and are headed to Eastern Oregon.
    I was thinking of hitting Cars and Coffee in St. Mary's on Sunday mornings to hook up with the car people in So. Md. Let me know if you are interested.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

No excuses, just been getting after other hobbies for the past couple years. 4279404 is in Florida, awaiting our return - it’s getting far more use there than it ever did up north. Weather is nicer, roads not as scintillating but then again no potholes / delaminations / frost heaves either. Car actually rides nice! There are enough car nuts down there that events are every day fun. Covid helped nothing, getting fat enough that fitting into the car is a focused act now. Hoping all are getting a bit more joy these days; the past 2 years have been something of a fistfight. Anyway, glad to see there is still life in here!

Best to all. Roger
    Yeehah

Sounds good Roger. I will be in Sebring, Florida the for the historic 12 Hour.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Great stuff, Tony! A racetrack of legends; lots of incredible history there. Saw your pics of the Aussie Cobra - definitely one very nasty looking beast. With any luck we might also be down that way during the 12 Hour - if so, will make the attempt to go and see if we can hollar at you from afar! Best wishes to a MuchBetterYear!
    Yeehah

Yeah, I’ve been over to Vals garage and he almost filled a 10 gallon bucket of stuff I could use. JoAnn and I have chatted with them about their move and had lunch with them a couple weeks ago. Talk about “downsizing “.....
    I’d like to try Cars and Coffee, whenever this rain goes away. I haven’t gone to the golf course, been getting the emails, but can’t break the habit of sleeping in....
    Jim Harding
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Roger, are you the Roger Payne that used to go to Rehoboth with the cobra club... wife is Lynn.
    Jim Harding
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    It took me a minute to figure it out. Anyway over on CC the manufacturer area for UMC is not there anymore.

So how is your Cobra coming along?

I am behind with the latest update... been crazy busy. I will try to get it posted before long. Making some progress.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
    I still check in now-n-then although the car is toast. Good to see "some" activity here.

Did the new owners ever get it running, Phil? I imagine it got wet this past weekend!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by TurnpikeBoy View Post
    Great stuff, Tony! A racetrack of legends; lots of incredible history there. Saw your pics of the Aussie Cobra - definitely one very nasty looking beast. With any luck we might also be down that way during the 12 Hour - if so, will make the attempt to go and see if we can hollar at you from afar! Best wishes to a MuchBetterYear!
    I hope everyone has a better year!
    Please stop in the track if you are near. I'm crewing again and we are doing the 12 hour race.
    Bring my car down to do a parade lap
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harding View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been over to Vals garage and he almost filled a 10 gallon bucket of stuff I could use. JoAnn and I have chatted with them about their move and had lunch with them a couple weeks ago. Talk about “downsizing “.....
    I’d like to try Cars and Coffee, whenever this rain goes away. I haven’t gone to the golf course, been getting the emails, but can’t break the habit of sleeping in....
    Yeah , might try to hit C and C in St. MARY'S this Sunday. No email from the golf course group yet
    Last edited by Naumoff; September 4th, 2021 at 05:59 AM.
    Tony

Bring my car down to do a parade lap

That should be great fun, Tony!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by Slither View Post

That should be great fun, Tony!
    Yep, got to make it happend!
    Tony

So how is your Cobra coming along?

OK, there is a new installment posted up in my build thread, Tony! Part 6: Body Transformation continued: Fitting the Grill.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harding View Post
    Roger, are you the Roger Payne that used to go to Rehoboth with the cobra club... wife is Lynn.
    Yep! Had a great time with you this past run, too! Wish my wife wanted a hotrod like your wifes - guess it?s SUV hell for now. Anyway, always great to see you, Jim!
    Yeehah

Exclamation New installment...

New thread on the build! Getting some slick paint on her... Alan does a great job with the spray gun!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Looks good Paul.
    Tony