Thread: Turn Signal Problem - Help Please

Turn Signal Problem - Help Please

I purchase my Unique 427 SC in 2004 and completed in 2007. It's been a great car. I've had a continuing issue getting the set up right so the turn signals cancel. I took it apart this summer and after working on it for quite a while I realized I severed the wire in the center of the back of the assembly. I fixed the short, but now the signal flasher doesn't work, both signals just stay on without flashing. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for the help

Dick Untch

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Is it possible that the flasher was damaged during the incident with the wiring? Someone here should be able to help you sort it out...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

I'd start with the flasher, that's the most obvious and simple.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    470/hp FE by FE Specialties
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Do both front and rear turn signal bulbs light up when either left or right turn is selected? If so, maybe the flasher is bad. Try the hazard switch; all four turn signal bulbs should light up and flash. Let me know and maybe I can help you trouble shoot this problem. Also, post your email address and I can forward some electrical diagrams to you that might help to track down this problem.
    Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland

Thanks for the responses. Both the front and rear signal bulbs light up when either turn signal is selected. I'm assuming the flasher is located in the turn signal/dimmer lever assembly. If that's the case, how do I access the wire connection to the flasher?

Jim: My email address is duntch@gmail.com. If you have diagrams, that would be very helpful.

I'm not very good when it comes to electrical stuff. So I'm wondering if I should just talk to Alan about getting another wired up turn signal assembly and dash harness plug.

Thanks

If memory serves, the flasher is located on the fuse panel.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    470/hp FE by FE Specialties
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil is correct, and the hazard flasher unit is mounted on the fuse panel too.
    Will put together a few diagrams and send them in the next couple days.
    Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland

email sent
    Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland