Thread: Blinkers Flashing - Help

Blinkers Flashing - Help

Anyone of you guys ever have an issue with both blinkers flashing when turning on the signal right or left?

My lights flash as if I have the 4-way emergency flashers on. This came out of nowhere - I've checked the all the bulbs, the e-switch, etc. without success. I'm stumped and hoping someone else has had this issue and figured it out.

Thanks!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    470/hp FE by FE Specialties
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil:

By e-switch do you mean the turn signal switch in the steering column? It would seem that since both right and left originate from that point it maybe the source.

Stan
    427 Roadster #4279465
    Dutton Performance FE
    3:54/Tremec TKO 600
    Benicia, CA

I have a separate switch for the emergency flashers. The problem may be in the column..... I haven't gotten that far yet.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436

Roseville (N.Cal)

Issue resolved, although I have no idea what was causing the problem. I removed the side panels in the trunk and was digging around looking at wires and wanted to test one. Turned the key on, turned on the left blinker and only the left blinker came on. Check the right and it work as well - no 4-way flashers! Spent seven days chasing that gremlin. Put everything back to together and I'm ready to roll (except it is suppose to start raining).

Halleluiah - I'm in heaven!!!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436

Roseville (N.Cal)