Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Procedure to change shocks

  1. #1

    Procedure to change shocks

    I'm a new UM owner and I've never worked on an IRS before. Can someone direct me to an earlier post (or give me the procedure) for removing and replacing the shocks on the Jag IRS? I'd like to avoid getting a shock absorber through my forehead if possible.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Prince Frederick, Maryland, USA.
    It has been a while but jack up the car and put jackstands on the frame and let the wheels hang down. Remove wheels and if you have adjustable shocks you can relieve any remaining spring pressure from the adjusters then remove the shocks. You can put a jack under the lower control arm if necessary. If you have non adjustable shocks you can may be able to remove them or you might have to get a spring compression tool.
    Unique 427 #4279480 427 s/o 482 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts