The next item up for fiberglass is the area from the trunk to the rear bulkhead. This was cut away when the bulkhead was cut out and needs to be reconnected. But before I do that I need to reattach some braces that were partially cut off. These braces were added to the top of the lock pillars, routed through the rear bulkhead and through the front part of the trunk and were then attached to the frame. The next two pictures will explain this better.

The two curved round tubes in this picture used to extend down to the frame.

This picture shows the route the brace takes in getting to the lock pillar

I cut some short pieces of tubing, made some flanges and welded it all together.

I then located a spot on the rear frame rail to attach my seat belt harness to and cut slots through the upper edge of the bulkhead for the webbing to pass through.
The information I have on the harness attachment point is that it should be shoulder height or slightly higher. The point at which the harness goes through the bulkhead is correct but the actual attachment point to the frame is much lower. I thought that in a worst case the webbing could tear through the fiberglass or be damaged and fail. My solution to this was to fabricate a bar that attached to the frame (via the earlier repaired braces) and aligned the seatbelt webbing with the bulkhead slot.

Welded together - passenger side

Harness routing- through bulkhead, over bar, and down to frame.

Hopefully none of this will ever get tested, but it was easy to do at this point and I feel better knowing its there.
To be continued...

Rod
Roseville, Ca.
289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"