Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Welcome New Member "Gasman"

Post the pertinent info on the Austin Healey....
    Just curious....

AL

Al,

My bro, Gasman, is out of town with his family on vacation. Send him an e-mail if you're interested in the Healy specs. I know he has 2 tons of money in it.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Hey Al,

Greetings from Disney World. My Healey is a 62 MKII, which for those that don't know Healey's is a tri-carb, center shift four seater, one of 1,500. It is Red with red leather, black piping and red carpet. I have the British Heritage certificate showing it left the factory this way and was shipped to Fort Worth TX. From there a Sergeant drove it to Fort Gordan and sold it before he left for Vietnam. I'm ashamed to admit that I have over 60K in this car, it isn't worth anywhere close to what I have invested. I would sell this car for 32K. I'll be happy to email photos to any interested party, it wouldn't be appropriate to post Healey pics on a Unique web site. This car desperatly needs something similar to the English climate. The Southeast, (especially Augusta, GA) is just too hot for this car.

Steve

Steve Foushee

OK time to make a rule.

No posting of what we have invested in our cars on the website. If my wife ever sees this I will be buying drapes and plants by the truckload [xx(]

Brent

Brent, good rule, especially in your case We'll call it the Brent rule.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

"In your case"

What is that supposed to mean??

Brent

Brent,

It was entirely a compliment. I am in awe of what you have done with your car, and if your time were factored in, the price of that car would clearly be astronomical!

I hope I get to see it some day soon.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

I'll tell you what it means, Webber Set-up, Intake, Carbs, ect. = More than Drapes, and Flowers. Hope you did good on Valentines Day, More than a Card[:X][:X]!

Eliminator

[:O] Now I understand.

I have had so much fun on this car the time just kind of melts away. It has taken almost two years but it feels like 6 months. I will have the digital camera with me in Gadsden looking to steal some good ideas and I will probably come home and change some things.

Brent

See you there.....but I have a better idea. Since, you've just about done everything that is possible to do on a Unique, why don't we trade cars, and then you'll have something else fun to do for the next 2 years!

Deal?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

My wife and kids have been pushing for a dog for several months and the Valentine fairy bought them one.

Very happy with me. (at least for a couple of days)

Brent

Brent, Yes I agree this is a good rule, forgive me I don't know what I was thinking. The reason I have to sell the Healey is my wife knows what is invested and will not let me have more than one toy to play with at a time. Like I said, the toy box is FULL. Hope I didn't cause a problem at home. Congrats on the new dog. A word to the wise...if you haven't already done so, buy plenty of chew toys, if you don't you'll be buying new everything in your house.

Steve Foushee