Thread: CJ is headed to Arizona

CJ is headed to Arizona

I wanted to let you guys know that my build has come to a screeching halt for a little while. I got word last nite that I'm needed in Arizona for a few months to get a job back on schedule.

Alan tells me there are quite a few Cobra owners around the Phoenix area and while I'm out there for a little while it would be a great oppertunity to meet you and get to see your cars. So let me know if you guys get together or meet somewhere and I would love to swing by.

Unique 4279459

CJ, Take your sunscreen and have a good time. I guess you wrapped things up in Athens by now? I guess we'll have to do the Georgia football game when you return. Good luck on the project.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Thx Steve, I'l try and have a good time just a little ticked because of being away from the wife and kids, my Cobra and I'l miss bow season. And yes the UGA deck was completed on time and nothing more than punchwork going on right now, and my foreman can handle that. Hopefully some of the Arizona Cobra guys will take pity on me. lol

Unique 4279459

Good luck CJ. I'll take good care of your wheels and tires until you're ready for them.

Look up Clink (Chris Link) out there. He bought a pre-owned Unique FIA last spring, and has had a few issues with it. Haven't seen him here lately, but I know his e-mail link works here.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Good luck CJ. At least you still have the forum to connnect with. I had to do something similar early in my career I was about 40 then. Pain in the behind but ultimately worth it.

Ralph

We will make the best of it as I possible. The company fly's me home every other weekend to see the wife and kids and since the kids are out of school for Thanksgiving they are going to fly out and spend a week with me there. We will take them to the Grand Canyon and Sedona and then I'l be home by X-Mas so we will make it through. I did get a chuckle from what my wife said last nite.. " I feel sorry for the folks your headed out to straighten up and get on track" I just laughed. Its good to be able to joke about it though because if we couldnt it would make the next 3 months just that more miserable than it is already.

Unique 4279459

quote:Originally posted by clayfoushee

Good luck CJ. I'll take good care of your wheels and tires until you're ready for them.

Look up Clink (Chris Link) out there. He bought a pre-owned Unique FIA last spring, and has had a few issues with it. Haven't seen him here lately, but I know his e-mail link works here.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear
    Annapolis, MD

Thx Clay, the wife said she would be glad to handle it while I was gone. You have my home and cell number so when you get a chance just find out how much I need to add for shipping and Sally will get the $ sent to you.

Thx again Clay

Unique 4279459

Nneits Guest
    CJ - What are you going to be working on in AZ? Where will you be? Go to the Arizona Cobra's page on Club Cobra for current activities.

Don't think of Arizona as an assignment - think of it as a pilgrimage. Unique was born here!

It's probably too late to get a bow hunting permit, but it's worth a try. Doesn't your employer owe you that?

R. Stein
    Gilbert, AZ

I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it. -Elwood P. Dowd

There are about three Uniques in the Phoenix Area (including mine)
    let us know what part of Town you're in.

Joe I'm staying near the airport and building at the Paradise Valley Community College's new Performing Arts Center in Paradise Valley.

Unique 4279459

Nneits Guest
    That should be a pretty good centralized location! Good freeway access to most any valley destination too. There is a list of events planned for the next couple of months posted on the AZ Cobra's page on ClubCobra. There are a couple of rides scheduled - maybe someone will have an empty seat? I probably won't (sorry) - I just got my car and my wife is still pretty enthusiastic, and I don't know the other guys well enough to know who might. When you get into town, let me know & we'll get you vectored in to some parking lot car shows and stuff.

Ron

I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it. -Elwood P. Dowd

CJ, I use to live at the base of Camelback Mt, you will go by there everyday and can't miss it. There are plenty of neet places to see Az, take advantage of it. If we go out to visit the inlaws i'll let you know.

Alan

Nneits Guest
    Hey CJ - Are they going to work you 24 hours a day? Maybe you could bring your Cobra with you and finish it in someone's garage out here. Just think - you'll have evenings free without the family... Putting your car together could keep you out of the fleshpots of Phoenix, and protect you from the ravages of commercial television.

Ron

Ron, I didnt even drive my company truck out because they gave me one while I'm out in Arizona so I'm just flying back and forth. Good news is that I don't feel it will take to long to get the project back on schedule so hopefully I can get home sooner than 3 months. (it sure is nice to be home right now. Laugh if you want but I was just sitting in my Cobra, lol)

Unique 4279459

CJ,

The only reason we laugh is because we have done the same thing. I remember sitting in the "pallet kit" on jack stands, drinking a cold one, thinking how (*&%^&%* awesome this thing was going to be.

Brent
    Candy Apple Red/White
    402 FE/Toploader/3.54

Nneits Guest
    Yeah CJ - I remember assembling the exterior pieces of 289 for display in my kitchen back in the 70's, just so I could imagine how cool it would be. (Note - I was single at the time. Not sure I could have gotten away with that with my first wife. Now this new wife is truly cool...)

Send me an email to nniets@cox.net and we'll hook up when you're in town. My Cobra's ignition systemfailed this morning - don't know when I'll have it running again.

Ron