Thread: Hurricane Katrina

Hurricane Katrina

"My son thought of this fund drive on his own. If anyone wants to donate, please do. He will take present, diapers, money or supplies to the kids. My PayPal address is KillerBox@aol.com. And I give you my word (as a Shell Valley Cobra owner) that all money received will be used to by stuff for the kids in need. I will send you receipts showing were the money was spent."

I am writing this e-mail to tell you about my son Luke Box. We live in Bay Minette, Alabama which was recently hit by Hurricane Katrina. Although we are fine, he has seen the news and knows our close cities such as Robertsdale and Daphne are housing refugees from the storm who have lost everything they have. His 9th birthday is September 17th and he wants to help the children in these shelters instead of receiving presents for himself. He is asking that his friends buy toys and games for these children instead of for him so he can give them something to play with. We thought this would be a great story to run to show how even the youngest kids can reach out and help those in need. We also wanted to run a challenge to any corporation or individual to help him on his crusade and donate to the children who were devastated by Hurricane Katrina. As his parents we feel that Luke is truly showing the American spirit of giving by refusing any presents to himself to help other children who are less fortunate than himself. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ryan and Kristen Box
    8455 Hooks Road
    Bay Minette, Alabama 36507
    251-580-5027

Killerbox@aol.com

Funds sent...good luck to you and your effort.

God bless,

Mike

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate it!

Killerbox@aol.com

Hey guys, Here is another way for you to help and possibly get something back. I've donated a 1965 Mustang convertible to the Red Cross and have raffle tickets available for $5.00 apiece. If you want a raffle ticket send your check payable to The American Red Cross c/o Somco, Inc. P.O. Box 15256 Augusta, Georgia 30919-1256. It would help if you send a self addressed postage paid envelope. ALL procees will benefit Hurricane relief efforts.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Good move Steve, I will send you a check.
    Wes

Hi Mike!

I did not know that you sent the donation to my PayPal. PayPal did not send me any notification. I guess they wanted to collect the interest.

I really appreciate the donation. I can not wait to get home tonight and give it to Luke.

Thanks,

Ryan Box

Killerbox@aol.com

Steve:

I have a check coming to you as well! Thanks for offering your car to help these people. They need all of the help they can get.

Thanks,

Killer

Killerbox@aol.com

Thanks all. The drawing will be 10/4/05

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

NEWS FLASH.....THE CAR WILL ALSO HAVE A BRAND NEW PAINT JOB BEFORE THE DRAWING! THIS IS GOING TO BE A SWEET CAR FOR SOME LUCKY WINNER.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Way to go! I will get a check in the mail.

Mrs. Rdorman is heading down to Mandeville Louisiana on Sunday to help out for a week.

http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com