Thread: Kirkey Racing Vintage Seats

Kirkey Racing Vintage Seats

Kirkey Racing seat co. has introduced a Vintage Class Bucket seat that looks pretty interesting. Aluminum seat with high tech padding and traditional stitching. Looks like it might be a good one!! Any one familiar with it? www.kirkeyracing.com Check under the Vintage Class category. Rick

289 FIA, #9299, Viking Blue, 302 HO, T-5

These look great, I wonder if I could get my DP kit with these seats and a Unique seat cover?

Rick:
    Did you or anyone else ever end up trying these Kirkey seats? I am very interested in them, but am worried about how they would fit in the car.

Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

the economy layback seat looks interesting too.

I am ordering a set, but will not get to try them out until my car is done. However, I did sit in one of these at the track today. The seats are very comfortable because of the raised legs.

Justin

Russ, I haven't heard anything from anyone with an FIA car. I really haven't focused on it seriously as I'm in the midst of trying to get my car into my mechanic for engine modifications. The hurricane's have slowed things, plus he had an ERA 427 that he was finishing for a Miami buyer, and it took him a lot longer than expected (wiring was not done, quite a few components were missing, headers/exhaust didn't line up with brackets, etc.).

My car goes in next weekend for: Aluminum cylinder heads (trick flow), new cam (stock roller cam is 209 duration, new one from Racer Brown is 221 duration at .50, and lift is 60 thousandts more), plus a new Speed Demon 575 from Don Gould. I will also install the new Yoko Avid ST's at the same time. Can't wait, new sound, and totally different performance should be the result.

I've got to get used to the new motor and in the Spring I'll be looking seriously at the seats.

Just got in from a ride by the ocean (Key Biscayne), early morning cruise with a Starbucks and breaking light. Great way to start the day, and to get ready for Hurricane Wilma who will be arriving later today. Take care and enjoy that Cobra. Rick

289 FIA, #9299, Viking Blue, 302 HO, T-5