Thread: Low Bridge

Low Bridge

No More Flat Backing Tranneys Santa Brought Me A New Four Post Lift.this Is One Of Thouse Tools You Look Back And Say Why Didn't I Get One Of These Sooner. I Over Extend The Hyd Barring Oil Every Were. Now To I Will Install A Limit Bolt On The Peadel. Any Way Hears Some Pic To View.{the Garage Hight Is Only 8 Ft}
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COBRA PICS 115.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COBRA PICS 116.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COBRA PICS 118.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COBRA PICS 119.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	142  

Thumbs up

Really nice Mike. Who is the MFG?

Ralph

Smile Lift

Only way to go, I am building a new garage with 10' - 12' ceiling, 24' W X 30' L and it will have a lift. Getting to "old" to lay on the floor.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

All right Rick other side of the yard from your current workshop or added-on to the workshop (in front of it)?

Ralph

That car sure looks familiar..........

Lift

Great.....I have a 4-post lift also. My garage has 14' ceilings and I can raise the Cobra all the way up. My wife parks her Z3 under it. I did have to add a blank panel to the garage door and a longer vertical section of the frame which allows the door to open above the car. Bought it from a guy in Atlanta that completely assembled it, loaded on a trailer and delivered it. Took him all of 5-minutes to roll it in my garage, plug it in and I was ready to go.

UNIQUE
    FIA #9289
    Dennis M. Swann

Dennis, Was this one that you brought used or does this guy sell them assembled? My ceilings are 12 ft. in the upstairs garage and I was planning on doing the same mods to my garage door frame to lift it higher (closer to the ceiling)

Mike, what is the make and model of the one you purchased? If my "better half" won't let me have one in the upstairs garage -- then since I have a finished workshop garage with 8 ft. ceilings I could use one with shorter stands down there.

Ralph

Looking good Mike Get that thing off the lift and out on the road sometime...

Any one in Alabama going to Show there cars in B'ham in Feb.

Rodney

The Lift Came From Complete Hydraulic Its A 8,000 Pound It Cost About $2,200 Delivered.it Came With Steal Casters So You Can Move It Around And They Realy Work. I Also Bought An Extra Set Of Ramps So I Can Drive Up And Over Makes It Easer To Park Cars In Front. It Took A Floor Jack And An Engine Hoist To Put It Together The Long Ramps Were Pretty Heavy. It Only Took About 3 -4 Hours To Unload Un Pack & Assemble .

Rodney I Change My Trany From The Munice To A Tko 600 I Han A Couple Of Bugs To Fix . Mainly The Hydro Barring I Over Extend It And Well Liquid Started Pouring Out Of The Bell Houseing. I Should Have It On The Road By Saturday .
    Mike

Thanks Mike.

Ralph

Rodnry--don,t know of anyone showing in b,ham. Will-alabama

Mike,

Let me know I need to burn some fuel..

Thanks Will I may show not sure yet.

Rodney

Nice lift Mike. What brand is it?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Nice lift Mike. With my luck or is it old age, I'd probably lift it right up through the ceiling.

I've been debating with myself for a long time whether to get a 4-post or a 2-post offset. I think I've decided to build a pit in my next garage to simulate a 4-post and then buy a 2-post so the wheels can hang. Seems like that may be the best of both worlds. What do you think?

Ralph, good to hear from you again. Hope you and Gayle are doing well in all the snow. It still hasn't gotten down to freezing here yet. Hopefully, it will get cold for a few weeks to cool the Gulf off and decrease the hurricane intensities. It's also good to kill a few mosquitoes and black flies.
    Jer

If i had the room i would go with a 2 post lift, my garage celling was to low to fit a 2 post. You can do a lot more with a 2 post lift.
    mike

Talking

Hi Jer doing great Gayle and I are busily finishing up a remodeling job had Lil' Cobra out last week just to keep the fluids circulating. weather has been great == a warm winter been == in the 50's and 60's for the last month save a day or two.

Hope all continues well.

Ralph