Thread: Wiper Motor Wiring

Wiper Motor Wiring

I cannot get my wiper to operate. I have connected the 32 (yellow) and 46 (yellow/white) to the toggle switch per the wiring manual. As for the motor, it has a red, blue and black, which I have grounded to the cowl brace. I have tried the yellow/white to each of the red and blue wiper motor wires with no results. Any suggestions?

Steve

Steve,

If memory serves, the black wire needs to be grounded (my manual says to the ground point on the oil temp gauge - but any "good" grd will do). The red wire should be butt connected to #46 - yellow/white.

If this doesn't work, check to insure you have 12 VDC to the power side of the toggle (if there is nothing there, work backwards - may be a bad fuse), and then the the other side of the toggle. If all else fails, put 12 VDC to the wiper motor (with it grounded) to insure the motor is good.

Process of elimination - Good luck!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

As I recall the manual states grounding the black wire. I did that and mine didnt work either. I found a green wire on the motor which I suspected was the REAL ground, and sure as **** it was......
    -Mike
    Last edited by cobracobra; March 19th, 2006 at 03:42 PM.

There must be different varieties - mine only had two wires... red & black.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil. You need to check the 25 amp fuse on the acc. fuse block. That operates my wippers. Pat.

I actually have a black , blue and red. Fuses are all good. I did try bypassing the switch and using jumper from the battery to test the motor. Still not working . Maybe the black is not the ground as Mike found on his?

Steve

Mike's lead was correct. The blue wire was the ground and the red hot. The black ........I have no idea.

Thanks Mike. I am a few steps closer now. After I had the wring resolved I moved on to bleeding the brakes and the clutch.

Steve

High, low, and park

The motors have three wires because there are 2 speeds and a park. Unique just uses 1 speed. I used a Lucas toggle , low , high and off (park) and wired mine with low and high speed and the park. Little more difficult but it's done the way they were. Since my car dosn't see the rain my use of the wipers has been for list mist and fog.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear