Thread: All dressed up and nowhere to go!!!

All dressed up nowhere to go!!!

Well, we woke up at 5AM this morning with the car all packed up and ready to drive down to Homecoming, but as nature would have it, we have had rain since about 3 this morning and no sign of letting up all day today. Even waiting until about 3PM to leave we still would have rain here, so, we will not be able to share with you guys at Homecoming.

We are very sad of not been able to participate in Homecoming with our car. Please have a good time and share some photos of the event.

Juan and Cindy
    Last edited by juanone; May 15th, 2006 at 08:15 AM.

Bummer Juan! I to am sorry to miss it this year.

Last year on the way home, it rained for three hours straight. And, we just kept right on driving the Cobra! I am not talking sprinkles either, I am talking heavy downpours with 'rivers' running across the free way! No problem at all. The Avids did a GREAT job in the rain. A little rainX, wipers worked well, a towel or two in a key area to seal up the soft top and off we went!

And you know, to my amazement, the car didn't melt ;o)
    http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

Well, rats!

Put the top up, seal everything in garbage bags, dress in swimsuits & t-shirts and come on! As much as we can be "tough" and endure getting soggy, I know from experience that:

wide tires + extremely light vehicle = water skiing

I've come all too close on more than one occasion.

The weather is supposed to break here in another hour or two, so hopefully we'll be good to go. Though, it is going to be CHILLY the next couple of mornings (low 40s)!

Hate that y'all aren't coming - now I won't get to try to sell Sandy on the "street" look! Take care!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

You need to get a rag top, you won't get soaked and driving carefully you can travel in rain, if the occasion is enough fun. The homecoming would be enough fun. Will and I have some rain experiences.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    C'mon Juan, like they say ... top up... trash bags... and go... SAFELY!

Just bring an exta change of clothes!

Oh, and did I mention, "SAFELY?"
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Juan,
    Since I can't go myself, I was looking foward to seeing your pictures. Would someone else become the official photographer and post your pictures?Thanks. walter

I thought you had a top for your car? Afraid of some rain
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)