Thread: Turn-signal update?

Turn-signal update?

Hey y'all,

I was looking for the info on the self-cancelling turn signal mod, and have run into a couple of problems. All of the previous threads on the subject show up in a search, but the photos are no longer there. Poorboy's photos of the mod show up as photos of a hydraulic throwout bearing install; Excelguru's photos that were posted over on Club Cobra show nothing but the dreaded "red X."

Anyone have photos they can post for an update, or info on where to find the photos on the site now?

If not, I'm planning a visit to Unique next week and should have a chance to look at a steering column on a car under construction.

Thanks!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Zach, I don't have pictures, but go to page 69 of my blog Lil Cobra and there is a description of how to go about it.

Ralph

Post a link to that old thread and I may be able to find the photos.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Ralph, I should have read your blog first, but I modified mine when I did the re-work of the steering shaft with a very small piece of steel and my welder. I got lucky and it worked fine the first try.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Turn Signals

Heck.....those original Cobras did not have self canceling turn signals. Manual canceling is another one of those things that helps remind me it ain't a 21st century car, along with no: buzzers, bells, dings, radios, idiot lights, air bags, automatic door locks, cruise control, windows and catalytic converters.
    Dennis M. Swann

Link...

Here's the link to the second page of the thread (the page where the photos show up):

http://www.uniquecobra.com/forums/sh...hlight=blinker
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Zack, measure back 1/2" from the center of the roll pin that serves as a stop, drill a 3/16" hole leaving 3/8" of the roll pin sticking out. Make sure when you reinstall the shaft that the roll pin is centered in the turn signal switch. I just updated one yesterday.

Alan

Smile

Thanks Rod, appreciate your comment.

Ralph