Thread: test

test

thisistest1

Quote Originally Posted by olblu66 View Post
    thisistest1

Well if your testing your spacebar it still doesn't work.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

how do you delete this damn post?

Talking

Not sure how to delete, OlBlu. I guess Patrick may have to do it.

In the meantime, why waste a perfectly good thread?

Anybody do anything cool today? We went to a small Hit & Miss Engine show this morning. Some mighty cool and interesting hardware. The neatest one was a Reid engine designed and built in Oil City, PA, for pumping crude oil. 107 years old, and it ran like a top.

Can't think of anything better than those old engines for introducing someone to the principles of internal combustion!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Well Zack I was trying to load pictures and meant to hit preview. I hit submit instead.

This should be an interesting thread - Good job Zack.

I'm getting the car ready for the Western States Cobra Bash - May 15-18. Flushed and changed the clutch hydraulic fluid with Wilwood 600 High-temp.... damn, that stuffs not cheap! I blew a passenger-side exhaust header gasket a while back, so that got re-tightened for the third time while it's up in the air. Probably do a wipe down down-under before I put it back on the ground. The temp here has been real nice in the mid 70's, low 80's. By mid-week next week it is forecasted to be in the 90's for several days in a row.... a perfect time to head for the Sierra's. On the first WSCB, 4-years ago, we drove up in the snow!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

ate

I finished up the shop, then we drank some tall cool ones and polished off about 50LBS of crawfish with all the trimmings.

I watched my grandson this morning while the women went and did woman stuff. Man I wish I had the energy of that 2 year old, he kept this grampa busy the whole time. Spent the afternoon working on the car, I'll post what I did on that later.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

grandson

My oldest grandson is going on six. He has volunteered to help me with the car. He told his granny he could make the car sounds when they go on their gararge drives.

I have been messing around with a different shifter and found when I was under the car that the welded nutserts that hold my passenger sidepipe on had pulled out of the frame. So I pulled the sidepipe and was able to weld them back in. Got lucky.
    Then took her for a spin up to the local hot rod get together. Then on to a little cruise before heading home.
    It rained all morning but turned out to be a beautiful evening.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Rejetted the primaries down 6% last evening. Sooty plugs - shes' running fat.
    We took ther ladies out dancing last night. Rolled out of bed late this morning.

Thats about it.

Good of Oldblu66 to start this thread.

_Aggressor

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
    Rejetted the primaries down 6% last evening. Sooty plugs - shes' running fat.
    We took ther ladies out dancing last night. Rolled out of bed late this morning.

Thats about it.

Good of Oldblu66 to start this thread.

_Aggressor
    I bet you were pretty light on your feet last night with visions of twin blowers in your head.
    Tony

Oldblu you did good

Mothers day was preceeded here with another twister saturday night about 3am, heard roar, Joan, basement, made it to bedroom door, lights went out, she had flashlight, made it into basement on fly, it went over us. Got up sunday ,ready to go to church, Zach and are deacons for the week, so we have to do some things at church before service, made it to our gathering place for coffee, lights out, police there, phones goin g, reports came in, horrible in Bowdon, another, real bad in heflin west of here.Church called off, to bowdon, east town blown to smithers, roofs, brick walls, mobile homes wheels toward sun, went home--Zach called--friends house in heflin ,bad, he is in hospital, heart, stroke, don,t know--needs help badly,.Rounded up three power saws, gas and stuff thought we would need, and off we go to help, Zach, Cyrus, and me.Boys--we worked like dogs--cutting out, huge pines, oaks, all--snarled, twisted, awful, worked all afternoon hard.Saw some more where storm hit west of heflin on way to work this am. Just glad to be here, thank good Lord quite a bit, saw folks walking around in a daze--stupor-like. Real sore today, arthritis all over, took ibuprofin, and feel a bit better. Appreciate all you guys, and thanks for reading. Will-alabama

Wow Will! Not something anyone wants to wake up to.
    It is still raining here in Southern Maryland. Bad winds last night. Next door nieghbor has a tree on there deck and roof. Did some damage.
    For us a little water in the basement so I had to clear out the gutters. I feel for the people who had it bad.
    Mother's Day was good as the boys and I went to church then cleaned the house and made dinner. Steaks on the grill(in the rain) baked potatoes, salad, fresh bread, fried onions and mushrooms.
    Wife had to work early in the morning at her new job. When she came home at noon all she had to do was lie on the sofa. We took care of everything.
    She was very happy.
    Tony

Will, glad all is well in the Butterworth homestead. To call church off is indeed significant.

Does feel good I'm sure to be able to leand a helping hand. Bless y'all.

Ralph

Twisters, hurricanes, floods, shakers in China...... as much as I hate to think about, the west coast is way over due for a good quake. We're headed for the Oregon Coast next week. Will - glad you are all safe.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Good news!

The car-buddy whose yard we worked on got out of the hospital yesterday. He passed all his stress tests, etc. a-okay. They think that he passed out due to a combination of excitement, low blood pressure, etc.

Even though their place took a serious pounding, damage to their house and his shop was relatively minor. And, his '62 Golden Anniversary Impala made it through without a scratch!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367