As De said, AR rifles are in high demand, as well as pistols of all varieties.

Ammo prices just depend on what you're shooting. The guys here at work shooting mil-surplus ammo from overseas are raising cain, as those prices have nearly doubled in some cases on 7.62 x 39 and 7.62 x 54R. Bulk mil-surp .308 and .223 have gone up, but not as much as the Eastern Bloc cartridges from what these guys say.

Now, on non-military-surplus cartridges, prices are as good as they've been in the last 15 - 20 years. I paid the lowest prices I've ever paid on a per-cartridge basis last week for 9mm Luger jacketed hollow points and .223 jacketed hollow points; both of these were UMC (Remington) brand at Wally World. I just checked .30-06 online at Bass Pro Shops, and prices for both Remington hunting rounds (hollow point & soft point) and UMC FMJ ball ammo are within just a dollar or two of what they cost in the early '90s when I last bought .30-06 cartridges.

I never dreamed when we were studying "Beowulf" in literature that there'd ever be a rifle cartridge named after one of the characters!