Thread: sticking brakes

sticking brakes

I backed out of the garage today and just pulled down the driveway to check the steering wheel alignment. That was fine but just on that short trip I noticed the brakes were sticking. As soon as I engaded the clutch the car would stop. I pulled the car back on the lift and raised it to check the parking brake I had installed since that was the onlything different. I have pulloff springs on the pads and the cable wasn't hooked up yet. The parking brake wasn't holding it.

Both of the calipers on the rear were holding the brakes. It was to the point that I couldn't hardly turn the wheel by hand. The pads were somewhat difficult to remove. The retaining pin in one of the sets was bent but not to the poing of making removal very difficult. Is there something that can cause this? At first I thought just a sticking caliper but both at the same time seems odd.

do you still have the line-lock parking brake, if you do that is the culprit.

Nope

No inline parking brake, just the Jag parking brake and I've already eliminated this as the culprit.

Do you think the rear master cylinder could be stuck. Your car has sat alot over the last year so that might be the problem.

Mc

That will be the next thing I check.