Quote Originally Posted by brfutbrian View Post
david, get a grip. from your pics it looks to me that the fix is something that anyone who has any mechanical apptitude can take care of in under an hour. i think youre expecting too much to think youre going to get that kind of a part, custom made, without your 18 year old car in gadsden at their shop, to fit without any issues. if you cant tweak the holes on the flanges to level the pipes. z bend the brackets to bring the space left to the frame smaller and relocate the bracket holes to the frame, take it to someone who can. it wont break the bank. isnt that your red unique with the 428 thats been in the bargain news with the 203 area code for the last 2 years? if youre serious knock about 10k off and hope you can get that. been there, done that. i got no skin in this game now. besides i never cared if i was on anyones good list i think maybe you should apologize now. no hard feelings, brian.

alan, maurice and family, belated condolences on your mothers passing. she was the first person i went to see everytime i walked through your doors. i will miss her. brian.
Brian,
I think you are the one who needs to get a grip. An hour? I DO NOT THINK SO my friend!! Please re-read this thread...forget the the gaps, my frame holes are lined up with the edge of the brackets. there is no relocating unless you physically move the whole bracket. IT IS MISLOCATED AND WELDED ON THE SIDE-PIPE!
Brian, who ever asked for a custom made part? Not me. So when I order a part from anywhere to fit any one of my cars, truck, or bike, is that a custom part? Absolutely not, and it is supposed to fit without any kind of work except maybe a very minor tweak. That is what Unique said I was going to get, so why would I be happy about now having to do major modifications to make a part fit that should have in the first place. That is what a JIG is all about. This after being ignored for months.
Brian, I have met you, talked with you, and have seen your car, you are a smart guy but you have no problem living with "lots jerry rigging" to make things work, so do I to a point, but there is a limit. Your limit is much lgreater than mine. If you go to far with this you end up with a piece of trash for a car. That is not me at all. I have pride in ownership and have plenty of trophies to prove it. Please do not impose your standards on me, just as I would not impose my standards on you. Also, please don't take this the wrong way. I am not insulting you or your car.
Unique is the car manufacturer and there is no reason they should not be able to supply parts that fit consistantly and made correctly. If you cant do this, then dont say you can, take my money, and then give me a bad part. Then, to put icing on the cake, take no responsibility or accept any of the burden of the situation. they could have nipped this in the butt months ago offline, but chose to ignore it and me. I did exactly as Unique(Alan) told me to do years ago, " always try to resolve any problems on the forum first, then if you cant get the answer you need, give us a call". I even asked him by name for help in the thread
Yes, it is the car in the Bargain News. As you know, they will keep running the ad until you stop it. i just let it run. I did lower it to 43,000 about 6 months ago. i just looked in the paper and it is still at 45,000. I never checked to make sure it got changed. As I have said, I really did not care if I sold the car or not because i like my car a lot! I have never sold a car for this reason, so this is new territory for me.
So Brian, what in the world would I be apologizing for??? You have got to be kidding! OK, I suppose I could think of a few things:
I am sorry I took Unique at their word, and now I'm paying the price...again.
I am sorry I feel I need to get rid of a car that I like because there is inadequate support and I am sick of it.
I am sorry that I have to totally rely on a forum to work on my car.
I am sorry I am not a master craftsmen in all areas of working on this or any other car.
I am really sorry that Alan has nothing else to say about my post, my sidepipes, Unique's responsibilty and accountability to the customer.

Should I keep going, I could if you want me to!

I am really trully sorry that I felt the need to write that post to Alan, what an incredible waste of my time. believe me, it is honestly the last thing I wanted to do, but I had no choice. It has just become a matter of principle

I am also very sorry to hear of Alan & Maurice's mother passing away.

Dave