PDA

View Full Version : body dolly needed?

dmiller
January 23rd, 2003, 09:48 AM
i'm thinking of building a rolling dolly for the body, for body working convenience. using something like caster wheels supporting a wooden frame that elevates the body to a more convient elevation. also could roll body out doors for wet sanding or nice weather, inside for dry work. do you think this is worth the effort? comments?

GeorgiaSnake
January 23rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
Yes! Alan can fax you a pretty neat buck drawing. I used it as a starting point and have designed a buck that allows the body to be rolled over the chassis so only one space in the garage is used. I can fax it to you if you are interested.
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Paint ??
Wheels ??

GeorgiaSnake
January 23rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
Yes! Alan can fax you a pretty neat buck drawing. I used it as a starting point and have designed a buck that allows the body to be rolled over the chassis so only one space in the garage is used. I can fax it to you if you are interested.
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Paint ??
Wheels ??

weaver
January 23rd, 2003, 09:54 PM
Doug, we have plans for a paint dolly that I can send you or it can be faxed, Alan.

weaver
January 23rd, 2003, 09:54 PM
Doug, we have plans for a paint dolly that I can send you or it can be faxed, Alan.

weaver
January 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
I see Georgiasnake be me to it, Alan

weaver
January 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
I see Georgiasnake be me to it, Alan

eliminator
January 29th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Personally I dont like the paint type Dolly that goes all under the car. First of all you need to keep as much of the area under the car open. Especially if your putting in the aluminum kit. I will e-mail you a picture of what I buit. Consisdts of one saw horse type device under the back on casters, and two 24"X 24" platforms with casters under the foot boxes. You use jack stands in the front platforms. Easy to make and very functional. Then you can install the wiring harness with the body off the car.

Eliminator

eliminator
January 29th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Personally I dont like the paint type Dolly that goes all under the car. First of all you need to keep as much of the area under the car open. Especially if your putting in the aluminum kit. I will e-mail you a picture of what I buit. Consisdts of one saw horse type device under the back on casters, and two 24"X 24" platforms with casters under the foot boxes. You use jack stands in the front platforms. Easy to make and very functional. Then you can install the wiring harness with the body off the car.

Eliminator