PDA

View Full Version : For the love of Wipers...

patrija
January 31st, 2003, 03:03 AM
I know the short answer is don't drive in the rain, but sometimes you take that 40% chance of rain. I have a problem with my wipers overextending when I drive.

If there's no rain, they tend to slide down below the windshield and rest on the rubber. If it's raining, the also tend to slide down below the windshield and rest on the rubber - and then they are stuck. Short story is I have nice paint touch ups where they've dug into the paint on each side.

I've tried adjusting these but can't seem to get it right. What's the trick? Also, what's the easy way to test adjustments - they dont move with a dry windshield. I've though about putting some soapy water on the windshield to help but haven't gotten to it yet.

weaver
January 31st, 2003, 06:15 AM
Patrick, do you have adjustable arms if so you should be able to remove them and move them up a little, they should also wipe with or without water, if they won't something is wrong. Call me if this dosen't work.

Alan Weaver

weaver
January 31st, 2003, 06:15 AM
Patrick, do you have adjustable arms if so you should be able to remove them and move them up a little, they should also wipe with or without water, if they won't something is wrong. Call me if this dosen't work.

Alan Weaver

patrija
February 3rd, 2003, 03:30 AM
Alan - Good to hear from you again. I'll try this week and let you know.

Jason

PS. I have the white/blue Unique that Bruce Botti built and then was at DSCC last year.
PSS. I have yet to visit the mother ship. Is there an invite list to get on? :)

patrija
February 3rd, 2003, 03:30 AM
Alan - Good to hear from you again. I'll try this week and let you know.

Jason

PS. I have the white/blue Unique that Bruce Botti built and then was at DSCC last year.
PSS. I have yet to visit the mother ship. Is there an invite list to get on? :)

weaver
February 3rd, 2003, 05:15 AM
You should try and make it to the SAAC meet in Nashville this May, there should be several Uniques there.

Alan Weaver

weaver
February 3rd, 2003, 05:15 AM
You should try and make it to the SAAC meet in Nashville this May, there should be several Uniques there.

Alan Weaver