PDA

View Full Version : Tonneau Cover

GeorgiaSnake
February 9th, 2003, 09:37 AM
What is the best drill bit size for the Tonneau Cover Post?

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Paint ??
Wheels ??

patrija
February 9th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Randy - I remember telling Chill but not you. If you ever want to have a comparison, finished view while your working, let me know and I'll be happy to come over with the cobra and check in.

patrija
February 9th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Randy - I remember telling Chill but not you. If you ever want to have a comparison, finished view while your working, let me know and I'll be happy to come over with the cobra and check in.

weaver
February 9th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Randy, drill an 1/8" hole then use an electric screw driver and run a screw in and out several times to cut threads for the studs, try and use a screw that has the same thread design as the stud.

Alan weaver

weaver
February 9th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Randy, drill an 1/8" hole then use an electric screw driver and run a screw in and out several times to cut threads for the studs, try and use a screw that has the same thread design as the stud.

Alan weaver

eliminator
February 10th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Take Alans advice on the screw deal also I found from other applications a little Bee's Wax works great on installing screws in the Fiberglass. Keeps the metal from binding in the glass.

Eliminator

eliminator
February 10th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Take Alans advice on the screw deal also I found from other applications a little Bee's Wax works great on installing screws in the Fiberglass. Keeps the metal from binding in the glass.

Eliminator

GeorgiaSnake
February 10th, 2003, 09:33 AM
A bar of soap helps as well. Just stick the screw into the soap and then install it.

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Paint ??
Wheels ??

GeorgiaSnake
February 10th, 2003, 09:33 AM
A bar of soap helps as well. Just stick the screw into the soap and then install it.

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Paint ??
Wheels ??