PDA

View Full Version : Over Riders

patrija
February 10th, 2003, 11:38 PM
I purchased a set of used chrome over riders to replace my quick jacks. I'm not planning to put bumpers on, just the over riders.

The quick jacks have a bolt through hole into the threaded metal rod. The over riders are also threaded inside. How they heck do they hook up?

weaver
February 11th, 2003, 02:03 AM
You will have to replace the bolts with threaded rod, if they are not made by the company we buy from they may be different.

Alan Weaver

weaver
February 11th, 2003, 02:03 AM
You will have to replace the bolts with threaded rod, if they are not made by the company we buy from they may be different.

Alan Weaver

patrija
February 11th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Thanks. I'm not sure who made them, but I don't think they came off a Unique. I have a "will fit" guarantee so we'll see what happens. I thought the threaded rod approach was going to be the answer, but wanted to check.

Jason

patrija
February 11th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Thanks. I'm not sure who made them, but I don't think they came off a Unique. I have a "will fit" guarantee so we'll see what happens. I thought the threaded rod approach was going to be the answer, but wanted to check.

Jason

patrija
February 12th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Well, returning the over riders. They are a 3/8" bolt and right threaded and no way to hook them up. Maybe something I'll be adding to my list.

patrija
February 12th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Well, returning the over riders. They are a 3/8" bolt and right threaded and no way to hook them up. Maybe something I'll be adding to my list.

Poorboy
February 22nd, 2003, 07:19 AM
Jason
If the spaceing of the mounting holes are the same your mounting bars can be redrilled and tapped to the correct size.

Poorboy
February 22nd, 2003, 07:19 AM
Jason
If the spaceing of the mounting holes are the same your mounting bars can be redrilled and tapped to the correct size.