PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder harness mounts

rdorman
March 12th, 2003, 07:21 AM
I have an older Unique 427 Roadster the the shoulder harness is bolted to the rear bulkhead. Has this been reinforced to serve as belt attachment point? Where were they supposed to be mounted on this car?
Thanks
Rick

weaver
March 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
If you have the car im thinking of it doesn't have a roll bar, the roll bar mount is where we bolt the driver side harness, the harnesses have to mount to the frame. It will take some time but you should be able to find a mounting point behind the bulkhead, call me if you need more help.

Alan

weaver
March 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
If you have the car im thinking of it doesn't have a roll bar, the roll bar mount is where we bolt the driver side harness, the harnesses have to mount to the frame. It will take some time but you should be able to find a mounting point behind the bulkhead, call me if you need more help.

Alan

rdorman
March 12th, 2003, 10:25 PM
That is correct Alan, no bar. I didn't think that the bulkhead was the place to mount them. The belts should be back from Deist today (reweb, convert to six point). This weekend I wil be putting them back in and correcting the way they and the seat was mounted.

Thanks for the reply

Rick

PS did you get a chance to look up the original date and purchaser?

rdorman
March 12th, 2003, 10:25 PM
That is correct Alan, no bar. I didn't think that the bulkhead was the place to mount them. The belts should be back from Deist today (reweb, convert to six point). This weekend I wil be putting them back in and correcting the way they and the seat was mounted.

Thanks for the reply

Rick

PS did you get a chance to look up the original date and purchaser?

Mike Geddes
March 13th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Hi...I have a 1991 Unique 427 SC .
I have the Simpson 5 point harness on both seats.
The single belt extension to the shoulder straps is long enough to run thru the bulk-head and through bolt to the same point as the gas tank hold down clips.
I had to enlarge the holes a bit to get a decent sized bolt thru, and of course I had to add some pretty large washers on both sides to spread the load.
Mike

Mike Geddes

Mike Geddes
March 13th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Hi...I have a 1991 Unique 427 SC .
I have the Simpson 5 point harness on both seats.
The single belt extension to the shoulder straps is long enough to run thru the bulk-head and through bolt to the same point as the gas tank hold down clips.
I had to enlarge the holes a bit to get a decent sized bolt thru, and of course I had to add some pretty large washers on both sides to spread the load.
Mike

Mike Geddes

Poorboy
March 14th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Mike;
If you are using the gas tank mounting holes at the front of the tank you are not much better off than Rick. They should be mounted to the frame to be safe.
Poorboy

Poorboy
March 14th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Mike;
If you are using the gas tank mounting holes at the front of the tank you are not much better off than Rick. They should be mounted to the frame to be safe.
Poorboy