PDA

View Full Version : Right rear tail light on 289FIA

casaleenie
April 23rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
Having a problem with the right rear tail light... I have brake light, I have directional... Don't have running light or directional when headlights are on. I found a ground wire on the right rear harness that is not connected to anything... I'm assuming that it was left unconnected for a reason but not sure... What would be the problem of ground that wire to see it it corrects the problem???
If it sounds like I don't know anything about wiring then my post is successful... I don't know a damn thing about it...

al

AL

Poorboy
April 23rd, 2003, 01:05 PM
No ground is what the problem sounds like. Poorboy

Poorboy
April 23rd, 2003, 01:05 PM
No ground is what the problem sounds like. Poorboy

eliminator
April 24th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Every connection to a light fixture, headlight, parking light, ect. has a ground going to it. Also there are some fixtures that have 2 brown wires to one tail light, this other brown is a jumper to the other light. Somewhat confusing at first. Use bullet push on connectors on the ground wires (black)to the round connector (brass) on the tail lights and parking lights. Just squeeze it together until it holds the groung wire securely.

Eliminator

eliminator
April 24th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Every connection to a light fixture, headlight, parking light, ect. has a ground going to it. Also there are some fixtures that have 2 brown wires to one tail light, this other brown is a jumper to the other light. Somewhat confusing at first. Use bullet push on connectors on the ground wires (black)to the round connector (brass) on the tail lights and parking lights. Just squeeze it together until it holds the groung wire securely.

Eliminator

casaleenie
April 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM
You guys are absolutely correct... I called Alan W. today and he talked me through the fix... I found the ground wire and grounded it to the frame which was a mistake... It had to be tied into the light fixture itself.... Also, the two wire connections were reversed... Changed them over and everything works... Damn,, you guys are good!!!!!!

AL

casaleenie
April 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM
You guys are absolutely correct... I called Alan W. today and he talked me through the fix... I found the ground wire and grounded it to the frame which was a mistake... It had to be tied into the light fixture itself.... Also, the two wire connections were reversed... Changed them over and everything works... Damn,, you guys are good!!!!!!

AL