PDA

View Full Version : I dread asking this question..

casaleenie
April 29th, 2003, 10:10 AM
What would be the process to quiet an exhaust system down (just a little). 289 Unique 351 W. Recent build... There are about 6 cars in the local area and mine is the loudest... A good thing and a bad thing at the same time... Personally I love the noise -- It's just a thought....

al

AL

Silk
April 29th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Earplugs?? :D

Gary
Unique FIA 351W

Silk
April 29th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Earplugs?? :D

Gary
Unique FIA 351W

Brent
April 29th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Mufflers are now required in NHRA S/C and S/G racing. The last year I ran we used a stainless steel mesh cone that was inserted into the collector and held in place with screws or rivets. They worked well and did not change the e.t. at all. I would think you could install them after the muffler in the sidepipe if it would insert past the bend. Then you could remove them when you wanted the sound we all know and love.

Brent

Brent
April 29th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Mufflers are now required in NHRA S/C and S/G racing. The last year I ran we used a stainless steel mesh cone that was inserted into the collector and held in place with screws or rivets. They worked well and did not change the e.t. at all. I would think you could install them after the muffler in the sidepipe if it would insert past the bend. Then you could remove them when you wanted the sound we all know and love.

Brent

casaleenie
April 30th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Silk

S.A. I'll buy a bunch and try and get the neighbors to use them...Wish me luck....

Brent,

I'll look into that possibility....

I moved into a Condo complex where some of the people have come to die and they can be a real PITA.
Not a real fun neighborhood...

AL

casaleenie
April 30th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Silk

S.A. I'll buy a bunch and try and get the neighbors to use them...Wish me luck....

Brent,

I'll look into that possibility....

I moved into a Condo complex where some of the people have come to die and they can be a real PITA.
Not a real fun neighborhood...

AL

Silk
April 30th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Al,

On a more serious note, I've heard of several Cobra owners who have used Car Chemistry inserts to quiet things down a bit and have been happy with them. Here's a link: http://www.carchemistry.com/ccexhaust.html They have two and three disc inserts depending on how much sound suppression you want. Their stuff is available through Summit Racing and others.

Gary
Unique FIA 351W

Silk
April 30th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Al,

On a more serious note, I've heard of several Cobra owners who have used Car Chemistry inserts to quiet things down a bit and have been happy with them. Here's a link: http://www.carchemistry.com/ccexhaust.html They have two and three disc inserts depending on how much sound suppression you want. Their stuff is available through Summit Racing and others.

Gary
Unique FIA 351W