PDA

View Full Version : Introduction...

terrybieritz
May 9th, 2003, 05:42 AM
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Terry Bieritz and I live in Warren, Oregon, just north of Portland.

In 1998 I built my Unique 427 S/C. Originally I used the large spline Toploader behind the 427 Sideoiler. Recently I replaced the Toploader with a Richmond 6 speed. The Richmond suits my driving style much better than the Toploader.

If you wish, view photos on my web site: www.penterr.com

Looking forward to being more active on the forum.

Terry

weaver
May 9th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Terry your car looks great, you really did a nice job. Were you able to install the 6 speed without altering the trans tunnel and why did you remove the turkey pan?

Alan

weaver
May 9th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Terry your car looks great, you really did a nice job. Were you able to install the 6 speed without altering the trans tunnel and why did you remove the turkey pan?

Alan

GeorgiaSnake
May 9th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Nice job Terry your Unique looks great. I hope to have mine finished in about a month. I'm wet sanding and buffing today.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
May 9th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Nice job Terry your Unique looks great. I hope to have mine finished in about a month. I'm wet sanding and buffing today.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

Brent
May 9th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Terry, nice car!! You do nice work. I am also new to the forum and look forward to being active as well. I took delivery of my 427 Unique pallet kit last july. I put it together and drove it about 600 miles then took it apart to get it painted. It is at the painter now. I have had a blast with it already and can't wait until it has color.

Brent
427 Unique
402 FE
Toploader

Brent
May 9th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Terry, nice car!! You do nice work. I am also new to the forum and look forward to being active as well. I took delivery of my 427 Unique pallet kit last july. I put it together and drove it about 600 miles then took it apart to get it painted. It is at the painter now. I have had a blast with it already and can't wait until it has color.

Brent
427 Unique
402 FE
Toploader

eliminator
May 12th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Noticed you emergency brake, Is it functional? Havn't seen one mounted up through the transmission tunnel. What's it mounted to?

Eliminator

eliminator
May 12th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Noticed you emergency brake, Is it functional? Havn't seen one mounted up through the transmission tunnel. What's it mounted to?

Eliminator

terrybieritz
May 12th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Hi all...

Short on time now so I'll see if I can reply to all the posts with one...

Thanks for the comments on the car. I owe the gorgeous paint job to Alan Weaver. I get two comments from everyone that comes up to the car: "Is it a real one?"..."What a beautiful car". :-)

Alan... I had to cut a very small piece out of the tunnel...and cut some access holes for mounting the shifter. Minor. I have photos I'll post soon. I gave up the turkey pan for two reasons. First...I didn't feel like going to the trouble of cutting it up to allow the dual fuel feeder through. Second...I wanted a huge air filter. I bought a 14" K&N. It seems to breath better with that.

Eliminator... That's a Lokar emergency brake. I like the feel of yanking on a handle and feeling it hold the car. Besides...I think Oregon requires a mechanical e-brake. It came with a nice cable that hooks onto the rear-end and pulls both calipers tight on activation. Works like a charm.

Good luck on the cars, guys. It's well worth the effort! I just want to say the folks at Unique build a TERRIFIC product!

Terry

terrybieritz
May 12th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Hi all...

Short on time now so I'll see if I can reply to all the posts with one...

Thanks for the comments on the car. I owe the gorgeous paint job to Alan Weaver. I get two comments from everyone that comes up to the car: "Is it a real one?"..."What a beautiful car". :-)

Alan... I had to cut a very small piece out of the tunnel...and cut some access holes for mounting the shifter. Minor. I have photos I'll post soon. I gave up the turkey pan for two reasons. First...I didn't feel like going to the trouble of cutting it up to allow the dual fuel feeder through. Second...I wanted a huge air filter. I bought a 14" K&N. It seems to breath better with that.

Eliminator... That's a Lokar emergency brake. I like the feel of yanking on a handle and feeling it hold the car. Besides...I think Oregon requires a mechanical e-brake. It came with a nice cable that hooks onto the rear-end and pulls both calipers tight on activation. Works like a charm.

Good luck on the cars, guys. It's well worth the effort! I just want to say the folks at Unique build a TERRIFIC product!

Terry