PDA

View Full Version : That G.D. center cap.....

TurnpikeBoy
May 11th, 2003, 10:18 AM
[B)]

OK, ok, so, I've tried for about 1/2 hr. now to get the g*%d@mn steering wheel center cap to stay in the wheel, with no luck whatsoever. I know it says AC, but there's no good reason I can think of for the car to spit it out every time I push it in. I'm open for suggestions how to get it in place right....help.[xx(]

Yeehah

Poorboy
May 11th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Use a little dab of clear silicone in 2-3 places around the center cap. Don't use to much it's kind of like Bryl-cream, a little dab will do ya.

Poorboy

Poorboy
May 11th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Use a little dab of clear silicone in 2-3 places around the center cap. Don't use to much it's kind of like Bryl-cream, a little dab will do ya.

Poorboy

ToyCollector
May 14th, 2003, 03:23 AM
I've used Lithium grease as well. It also "moisturizes" rubber and other petroleum based products. I put it on my refrigerator door seals as well to keep them supple.

ToyCollector
May 14th, 2003, 03:23 AM
I've used Lithium grease as well. It also "moisturizes" rubber and other petroleum based products. I put it on my refrigerator door seals as well to keep them supple.

TurnpikeBoy
May 14th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Gotcha. Put a little LESS silicone grease on it, pushed/shoved/grunted/cursed at it for about 15 more minutes and - so far - it's staying. Not quite fully seated tight to the wheel surface, but I'll keep working on it. At least it doesn't pop back out into my lap anymore. Thanks, guys.

Yeehah

TurnpikeBoy
May 14th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Gotcha. Put a little LESS silicone grease on it, pushed/shoved/grunted/cursed at it for about 15 more minutes and - so far - it's staying. Not quite fully seated tight to the wheel surface, but I'll keep working on it. At least it doesn't pop back out into my lap anymore. Thanks, guys.

Yeehah