PDA

View Full Version : Carpet in kick panel areas

Brent
May 16th, 2003, 02:55 AM
This is for the experienced Unique owners. I have looked at the carpet kit and I have spoken to a couple Unique owners about the kick panel area. They have worked the carpet into and around the metal framing in front of the doors. Is this correct? It looks to me like a piece of sheetmetal made to cover this cavity would be easier to deal with and more comfortable on the outside of your leg. What have you done ?????

Brent
427 Unique

Poorboy
May 16th, 2003, 04:16 AM
It would probably look better. Your leg never contacks that area, you knee rests aginst the door hinge. Some padding on it would be nice.

Poorboy

Poorboy
May 16th, 2003, 04:16 AM
It would probably look better. Your leg never contacks that area, you knee rests aginst the door hinge. Some padding on it would be nice.

Poorboy

eliminator
May 19th, 2003, 11:29 PM
I think I will have to check out the cars and see what everyone is doing at SAAC. This to me is a gray area and I have left my carpet out so that I can come up with a good solution. The transmission tunnel is done, (what a pain in the rear). You have the Bulhead Carpet, rockers, and kick panels that all have to fit together???????

Eliminator

eliminator
May 19th, 2003, 11:29 PM
I think I will have to check out the cars and see what everyone is doing at SAAC. This to me is a gray area and I have left my carpet out so that I can come up with a good solution. The transmission tunnel is done, (what a pain in the rear). You have the Bulhead Carpet, rockers, and kick panels that all have to fit together???????

Eliminator

eliminator
May 19th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Brent,

As you can tell I am NOT an experienced Unique Owner, only in certain small areas.

Eliminator

eliminator
May 19th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Brent,

As you can tell I am NOT an experienced Unique Owner, only in certain small areas.

Eliminator

Brent
May 20th, 2003, 12:37 AM
I will take a camera and an open mind to SAAC. I hope to get alot of good ideas on this trip. It could not come at a better time for me, right before I start to put it back together.

Thanks for the reply, the experienced Unique owners want to keep it a secret.

Brent
May 20th, 2003, 12:37 AM
I will take a camera and an open mind to SAAC. I hope to get alot of good ideas on this trip. It could not come at a better time for me, right before I start to put it back together.

Thanks for the reply, the experienced Unique owners want to keep it a secret.

Rich
May 20th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Brent, for the passenger side I made up a carpetted hardboard panel that covers the whole kickpanel area.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7023&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

On the driver's side, the panel covers only the rear portion. In the forward part of the kickpanel, there's a panel that backs up the side vents and makes a great foot rest on long drives.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7022&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Rich

Rich
May 20th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Brent, for the passenger side I made up a carpetted hardboard panel that covers the whole kickpanel area.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7023&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

On the driver's side, the panel covers only the rear portion. In the forward part of the kickpanel, there's a panel that backs up the side vents and makes a great foot rest on long drives.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7022&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Rich

Brent
May 22nd, 2003, 03:52 AM
Rich,
Thanks alot!! Thats what I was looking for. I noticed the aluminum panel in front of the passengers feet. Is this another heat shield?

Brent
May 22nd, 2003, 03:52 AM
Rich,
Thanks alot!! Thats what I was looking for. I noticed the aluminum panel in front of the passengers feet. Is this another heat shield?

Rich
May 22nd, 2003, 05:37 AM
The aluminum panels are just thin sheets for looks.

Rich

Rich
May 22nd, 2003, 05:37 AM
The aluminum panels are just thin sheets for looks.

Rich