PDA

View Full Version : Heater Connections

Copper01
June 16th, 2003, 04:11 AM
The 427SO from SA comes without the inlet/outlet nipples for the heater hose connections. Does anyone have any pictures of where the nipples are supposed to screw into the water pump and/or intake manifold? A picture showing the routing of the heater hoses would also be great.

Ben Bruce
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue

brfutbrian
June 17th, 2003, 10:50 AM
ben. one hose connects right above the thermostat on the intake manifold, the other hose goes to the water pump. youll need to remove the plugs and screw in nipples. later, brian.

brfutbrian
June 17th, 2003, 10:50 AM
ben. one hose connects right above the thermostat on the intake manifold, the other hose goes to the water pump. youll need to remove the plugs and screw in nipples. later, brian.

eliminator
June 18th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Ben,

On a 427 the outlet on the intake was tall with a 90 degree nipple, Cobra Restorers has one that is a reproduction of the original, nice, stainless steel, and anodized with the gold look of the original, about 25.00. I would use a brass nipple out of the water pump. Most hyd. shop would have the fittings, see if a Parker Store is in your area.

Eliminator

eliminator
June 18th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Ben,

On a 427 the outlet on the intake was tall with a 90 degree nipple, Cobra Restorers has one that is a reproduction of the original, nice, stainless steel, and anodized with the gold look of the original, about 25.00. I would use a brass nipple out of the water pump. Most hyd. shop would have the fittings, see if a Parker Store is in your area.

Eliminator

Copper01
June 18th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I should be able to take it from here.

Ben Bruce
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue

Copper01
June 18th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I should be able to take it from here.

Ben Bruce
Unique 427
SA 427SO w/ Toploader
Guardsman Blue