PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Test

GeorgiaSnake
June 16th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Up-Date on my build ! I put the juice to the electrical system last night and most of what I have hooked up works. I have headlights (hi and low beam) with indicator, front turn signal (right is bright, left kinda dim)with indicators, two fans that push air, a solenoid that clicks (starter not wired yet), dash lights except the tach and water temp and working wiper motor.
What I don't have is a horn or parking lights. I haven't wired the rear of the car yet so I'm not sure about the tail lights or tag light.
Anybody know how to wire the heater, not that I need it now.
I will finish the oil lines this week and fire it up Sat. Life gets better every day.
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

Brent
June 16th, 2003, 11:37 PM
You are on your way. One thing you might do is replace all of the bulbs on the turn signals and tail lamps. The bulbs that come in them are JUNK.

Brent
June 16th, 2003, 11:37 PM
You are on your way. One thing you might do is replace all of the bulbs on the turn signals and tail lamps. The bulbs that come in them are JUNK.

eliminator
June 18th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Be sure to check your wires to the sending units, all will have voltage to them, somewhere in the 4-6 volt range best I remember. Be sure that you cut out your insulation around your fuel sending unit. I missed that and the aluminum backed insulation grounded it out, read full all the time. Also ground your fuel filler to the frame, inside the trunk area, No KABOOMS.

Eliminator

eliminator
June 18th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Be sure to check your wires to the sending units, all will have voltage to them, somewhere in the 4-6 volt range best I remember. Be sure that you cut out your insulation around your fuel sending unit. I missed that and the aluminum backed insulation grounded it out, read full all the time. Also ground your fuel filler to the frame, inside the trunk area, No KABOOMS.

Eliminator