PDA

View Full Version : New 289 in town

souzape
June 18th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Enclosed is a picture of my just-completed 289 FIA (done as a competition roadster). Car is painted Ford Mineral Grey and has PS kidney beans (15x7 front/15x8 rear). Engine is Southern Automotive 351 C in front of a wide ratio toploader. As soon as I can quit throwing money at the California DMV I will start having some real fun realizing a dream that started 40 years ago when I was going to school in England with the first time I saw a Cobra. Ask me if I'm spooled up.

Phil Souza
China Lake, CA

GeorgiaSnake
June 18th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Phil I'm going to crank my Unique Sat morning. Ask me if I'm spooled up as well. Where is the picture ? What did you fly ? Check my gallery.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
June 18th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Phil I'm going to crank my Unique Sat morning. Ask me if I'm spooled up as well. Where is the picture ? What did you fly ? Check my gallery.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

souzape
June 19th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Randy- guess the picture didn't make it... I'll try again this evening. Flew heavy VQ and VX for about 22 years (P-3/EC-130). PHIL

souzape
June 19th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Randy- guess the picture didn't make it... I'll try again this evening. Flew heavy VQ and VX for about 22 years (P-3/EC-130). PHIL

souzape
June 19th, 2003, 03:24 AM
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/souzape/mod.jpg
Here's another try at getting the picture attached. PHIL

souzape
June 19th, 2003, 03:24 AM
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/souzape/mod.jpg
Here's another try at getting the picture attached. PHIL

Aggressor
June 19th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Yo Phil - That's a fine looking ride ya got.

- Aggressor

Aggressor
June 19th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Yo Phil - That's a fine looking ride ya got.

- Aggressor

GeorgiaSnake
June 19th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet Phil !

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
June 19th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet Phil !

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

creeper
June 19th, 2003, 03:18 PM
NICE, that was one of the colors on my short list.

creeper
June 19th, 2003, 03:18 PM
NICE, that was one of the colors on my short list.

casaleenie
June 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM
Need some input on moving the side pipes under the car or at least level with the rocker panel... I'm going to talk to the Weavers in regards to new side pipes to quiet the car down a little. As long as I'm doing that I might as well try to move the pipes inboard a little...
The engine is a 351 W installed in a deluxe pallet 289 Unique.. I love the sound of what I have but the neighbors may be getting a little upset with me... Just returned from the Spring Fling in Columbus Ohio and my car is noiser than most. On a side note-- only four FIA's were represented out of an estimated 300 cars... 1%--- I love it...2 ERA's, my Unique and a Kirkham that was raffled...

al schafer

AL

casaleenie
June 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM
Need some input on moving the side pipes under the car or at least level with the rocker panel... I'm going to talk to the Weavers in regards to new side pipes to quiet the car down a little. As long as I'm doing that I might as well try to move the pipes inboard a little...
The engine is a 351 W installed in a deluxe pallet 289 Unique.. I love the sound of what I have but the neighbors may be getting a little upset with me... Just returned from the Spring Fling in Columbus Ohio and my car is noiser than most. On a side note-- only four FIA's were represented out of an estimated 300 cars... 1%--- I love it...2 ERA's, my Unique and a Kirkham that was raffled...

al schafer

AL

luke-44
June 29th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Phil - great looking car - please bear with my dumb questions -I am close to placing my 289FIA order and don't wanna screw up...

Is the color Mineral grey just a normal Ford color or does it have some connection to Cobra heritage?

I noticed you elected to not get the luggage humps in the trunk? Personal preference I assume?

Is the dash a Unique 289 dash or something different? I thought the speedo was on the right?

Which badge do you have above the vents?

Another dumb question - is trunk room kinda sparce on a Unique? Is there enough room forweekend luggage? Is there any room for a spare tire?

Do you have other pics of your car posted somewhere?

Thanks, luke-44

luke-44
June 29th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Phil - great looking car - please bear with my dumb questions -I am close to placing my 289FIA order and don't wanna screw up...

Is the color Mineral grey just a normal Ford color or does it have some connection to Cobra heritage?

I noticed you elected to not get the luggage humps in the trunk? Personal preference I assume?

Is the dash a Unique 289 dash or something different? I thought the speedo was on the right?

Which badge do you have above the vents?

Another dumb question - is trunk room kinda sparce on a Unique? Is there enough room forweekend luggage? Is there any room for a spare tire?

Do you have other pics of your car posted somewhere?

Thanks, luke-44

souzape
July 3rd, 2003, 05:33 AM
Luke-44- Mineral grey is just a normal Ford color....it was never available on a Shelby Cobra. Trunk was my option. Trunk really has no room for a spare but can accept anything you might want to take with you on a weekend trip....as long as it will fit in a shaving kit. Dash is the standard 289 layout as opposed to the competition (FIA) layout. Even on the original cars I have seen various setups. Hope this helps. PHIL

souzape
July 3rd, 2003, 05:33 AM
Luke-44- Mineral grey is just a normal Ford color....it was never available on a Shelby Cobra. Trunk was my option. Trunk really has no room for a spare but can accept anything you might want to take with you on a weekend trip....as long as it will fit in a shaving kit. Dash is the standard 289 layout as opposed to the competition (FIA) layout. Even on the original cars I have seen various setups. Hope this helps. PHIL