PDA

View Full Version : Another Heater Question

GeorgiaSnake
June 19th, 2003, 06:52 AM
I'm in the final stages of my build and have a question about the heater plumbing. I have three outlets on my 396 stroker, one at the manifold and two on the water pump. Right now the top two are connected and the lower one on the water pump is open. With only two connections on the heater which line goes where. Many thanks.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

Brent
June 23rd, 2003, 05:50 AM
WEll.........Did you fire it last Saturday? I was surprised not to see a Monday a.m. post from you.

Brent
June 23rd, 2003, 05:50 AM
WEll.........Did you fire it last Saturday? I was surprised not to see a Monday a.m. post from you.

GeorgiaSnake
June 23rd, 2003, 06:00 AM
Fired it up on Friday night - I posted on the Club Cobra site. All I can say is [^]:D:)[:P]:D:D WOW. Now I'm motivated to get it on the road. I've got a few electrical grimlins that I think Alan can fix, no rr brake light or turn signal, a fuel gage that stays on empty (actually it doesn't even move) even after putting in 5 gallons and a tach light that doesn't work even after replacing the bulb.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
June 23rd, 2003, 06:00 AM
Fired it up on Friday night - I posted on the Club Cobra site. All I can say is [^]:D:)[:P]:D:D WOW. Now I'm motivated to get it on the road. I've got a few electrical grimlins that I think Alan can fix, no rr brake light or turn signal, a fuel gage that stays on empty (actually it doesn't even move) even after putting in 5 gallons and a tach light that doesn't work even after replacing the bulb.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

pbrown
June 23rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
Randy,

Sounds like you're missing the bypass hose. The lower fitting on the water pump goes to the heater core. The upper one connects to the nipple on the manifold water outlet (bypass hose). There is another port on your manifold just behind the water outlet that connects to the other heater core port. Go to you're local parts house and ask for a heater bypass hose from any car or truck that came with a 351W - I asked for one for a 1994 F-150. I can post pics if you like.

--Patrick Brown

pbrown
June 23rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
Randy,

Sounds like you're missing the bypass hose. The lower fitting on the water pump goes to the heater core. The upper one connects to the nipple on the manifold water outlet (bypass hose). There is another port on your manifold just behind the water outlet that connects to the other heater core port. Go to you're local parts house and ask for a heater bypass hose from any car or truck that came with a 351W - I asked for one for a 1994 F-150. I can post pics if you like.

--Patrick Brown

GeorgiaSnake
June 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks Patrick. I think I figured it out. I bougth a nipple to fit in the manifold yesterday. If I see it correctly the bottom nipple on the water pump goes to the heater the top one on the pump is already connected to the manifold (bypass) and the new one I bought will go in the manifold.
A picture would be great to make sure I have this right, I'm an old chevy guy and never messed with a ford.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
June 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks Patrick. I think I figured it out. I bougth a nipple to fit in the manifold yesterday. If I see it correctly the bottom nipple on the water pump goes to the heater the top one on the pump is already connected to the manifold (bypass) and the new one I bought will go in the manifold.
A picture would be great to make sure I have this right, I'm an old chevy guy and never messed with a ford.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver