PDA

View Full Version : Brake-light sensor

Tony Radford
June 21st, 2003, 10:31 PM
Alan, I have a bad brake light sensor. What should I ask for as I seek out a replacement? Also, I've been having problems with my sidepipe to frame mounting fastners. While cruising back from Canton last night with Chill and Jr. close behind, the rear tab broke loose from the sidepipe. Is there anything special about the process of reattaching it? I know it will compromise my hotjet coating, but I figure I can simply coat the area around the new weld with any spray-on coating since it isn't visible.

T

excelguru
June 28th, 2003, 01:40 PM
That sensor is really cheap. I had to replace mine a while back. The folks at NAPA knew exactly what I needed. They even had a picture of it in one of their catalogs. Can't remember the part number, though.

The pipe tab should just be a simple weld. Yea, your jet-hot will take a beating. How did that happen?? I didn't think it vibrated that much at the pipe attachment point. At least mine doesn't seem to. I could be wrong. Maybe I should check it. Hmm...

Keith :)

My "homepage" is my photo album.

excelguru
June 28th, 2003, 01:40 PM
That sensor is really cheap. I had to replace mine a while back. The folks at NAPA knew exactly what I needed. They even had a picture of it in one of their catalogs. Can't remember the part number, though.

The pipe tab should just be a simple weld. Yea, your jet-hot will take a beating. How did that happen?? I didn't think it vibrated that much at the pipe attachment point. At least mine doesn't seem to. I could be wrong. Maybe I should check it. Hmm...

Keith :)

My "homepage" is my photo album.