PDA

View Full Version : questions on kit.

brainbugnj
July 3rd, 2003, 01:22 PM
ok - I am almost ready to make my decision on the unique.... just a couple questions from you guys hopefully you can help me out...I am thinking a deluxe pallet kit..

How much room does one need to complete the kit... I have a 1.5 to 2.0 car garage and I think I should have a enough room, but want to know what size garages you guys have built in.... I don't have any room outside as its a condo...

The kit doesn't mention anything about a TKO trans mount or anything, you guys have them in there, everything seems to be centered around a toploader... any comments?

Wheels... what size wheels can go on the car? I see references to 15's on the site... but no reference to 17's anyone have them on there?

What rear-end ratio does the kit come with stock? (deluxe pallet kit)?

What options did most of you get ontop of the stock deluxe pallet kit? And can you help me out understand them, those which you picked and why?

I am sorry for the length.. but I really want to get this order in... by the way anyone know what the lead time on the deluxe pallet kit is running these days?

Thanks again for all your help...

Steve

GeorgiaSnake
July 3rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
Steve,
I built my deluxe pallet kit in my garage using one bay and I did the body work myself. I built a body buck with wheels and rolled it out in the driveway to work on it and left the chassis in the garage. Once I got wheels and tires on the chassis I had the option of rolling either one around. More room would have been great but that's what I had.

I used a top loader because that is what I wanted. TKO's will fit as far as I know, talk to Alan.

I used 16's from team III, it's a long story, I got them from chill because he decided he wanted 15's. I love the look.

Rear gear is 3:31.

I got the mirrors (raydot type),instrument upgrade (bigger), drive shaft safety loop (safety issue), wind wings, sun visors (looks), heat shields (comfort), heater (comfort), tonneau cover (??).

I have a ton of pictures that show my confined space and the progress of the car since Nov delivery. Send me an e-mail address and I will send you some. Chill, excellguru and I are putting together an improved build manual that we can send you on a CD.

Bottom line - I'd do it again - even in the limited space. Send me your questions and I'll try to address them in an email.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
July 3rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
Steve,
I built my deluxe pallet kit in my garage using one bay and I did the body work myself. I built a body buck with wheels and rolled it out in the driveway to work on it and left the chassis in the garage. Once I got wheels and tires on the chassis I had the option of rolling either one around. More room would have been great but that's what I had.

I used a top loader because that is what I wanted. TKO's will fit as far as I know, talk to Alan.

I used 16's from team III, it's a long story, I got them from chill because he decided he wanted 15's. I love the look.

Rear gear is 3:31.

I got the mirrors (raydot type),instrument upgrade (bigger), drive shaft safety loop (safety issue), wind wings, sun visors (looks), heat shields (comfort), heater (comfort), tonneau cover (??).

I have a ton of pictures that show my confined space and the progress of the car since Nov delivery. Send me an e-mail address and I will send you some. Chill, excellguru and I are putting together an improved build manual that we can send you on a CD.

Bottom line - I'd do it again - even in the limited space. Send me your questions and I'll try to address them in an email.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

weaver
July 7th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Steve, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, our hours are 8 to 4 Monday thru Friday.

Alan

weaver
July 7th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Steve, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, our hours are 8 to 4 Monday thru Friday.

Alan

Brent
July 7th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Talk to Alan and tell him what you want to do with the car. If you want to hit the track or drive it hard get the larger brakes and the coil over upgrade. The rear gear depends on how you like to drive and what trans you will run and BB or SB but I would get a posi unit. All of the misc. stuff like mirrors,visors,oil coolers ets. can be purchased as you go or all at once up front.
The original cars came with 15" wheels and a fat tire. The 17" wheels use a small sidewall tire and totally change the appearence and stance of the car. It's up to you what look you are going for.

The Weavers won't steer you wrong. If you tell them what your intent is they will suggest the right parts. You have decided on the right kit!

Brent
July 7th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Talk to Alan and tell him what you want to do with the car. If you want to hit the track or drive it hard get the larger brakes and the coil over upgrade. The rear gear depends on how you like to drive and what trans you will run and BB or SB but I would get a posi unit. All of the misc. stuff like mirrors,visors,oil coolers ets. can be purchased as you go or all at once up front.
The original cars came with 15" wheels and a fat tire. The 17" wheels use a small sidewall tire and totally change the appearence and stance of the car. It's up to you what look you are going for.

The Weavers won't steer you wrong. If you tell them what your intent is they will suggest the right parts. You have decided on the right kit!