PDA

View Full Version : Straight and in primer

Brent
July 10th, 2003, 03:54 AM
:D

Well the body work is done and the primer is on. I was hoping to make it to Pigeon Forge but it has taken alot longer than I thought it would.

Did everyone have second thoughts about color right at the end?

eliminator
July 10th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Brent,

No second thoughts for me, the Candy Apple Red changes from Sun-up to Sun-down. Plus being here in Big Blue Country there is no way I would drive a Blue Car, It's all Red and Black for my vehicles. The color you chose for Red will get alot of compliments, mine has. The only thing I might have done was go with the narrow stripes instead of the wide ones.

Eliminator

eliminator
July 10th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Brent,

No second thoughts for me, the Candy Apple Red changes from Sun-up to Sun-down. Plus being here in Big Blue Country there is no way I would drive a Blue Car, It's all Red and Black for my vehicles. The color you chose for Red will get alot of compliments, mine has. The only thing I might have done was go with the narrow stripes instead of the wide ones.

Eliminator

Brent
July 10th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Gee thanks....like I needed that to think about also. Your not helping (-:

Candy red it is. I have been looking at your car pics so long your car probably thinks I'm a stalker.

Why the second thoughts on stripe width?

Brent
July 10th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Gee thanks....like I needed that to think about also. Your not helping (-:

Candy red it is. I have been looking at your car pics so long your car probably thinks I'm a stalker.

Why the second thoughts on stripe width?

eliminator
July 10th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I have tried to keep my car as close as I could to an original 427 S/C, looking at early pictures of the original there are more narrow stripes than wide. I think the reason is the front end on a Cobra is non-symmetrical. If you ever get envolved in laying out the stripes you will find that the rear stripes are pretty much right in the center of the car, the front stipes have got to start in the center of the dash and they have to be centered in the radiator opening and oil cooler opening and the hood scoop. It's not that easy because to do that you have to move the front stipe to the left about 1/2-5/8 of an inch. This occurs from the center of the hood scoop to center of the radiator opening. I think that is a reason for so many solid color cars and why it's anywhere from 500.00 to 600.00 to add stripes.
Now after saying all of that, nobody ever notices[^]. It's one of those deals where you could do it both way's and then decide which one you like and then wake up the next day and change it again. Like the cobra emblems, there are several measurements that were used:D, decision time again. One thing about these cars it forces you to make decisions. Over 800 miles and having fun.[}:)]

Eliminator

eliminator
July 10th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I have tried to keep my car as close as I could to an original 427 S/C, looking at early pictures of the original there are more narrow stripes than wide. I think the reason is the front end on a Cobra is non-symmetrical. If you ever get envolved in laying out the stripes you will find that the rear stripes are pretty much right in the center of the car, the front stipes have got to start in the center of the dash and they have to be centered in the radiator opening and oil cooler opening and the hood scoop. It's not that easy because to do that you have to move the front stipe to the left about 1/2-5/8 of an inch. This occurs from the center of the hood scoop to center of the radiator opening. I think that is a reason for so many solid color cars and why it's anywhere from 500.00 to 600.00 to add stripes.
Now after saying all of that, nobody ever notices[^]. It's one of those deals where you could do it both way's and then decide which one you like and then wake up the next day and change it again. Like the cobra emblems, there are several measurements that were used:D, decision time again. One thing about these cars it forces you to make decisions. Over 800 miles and having fun.[}:)]

Eliminator