PDA

View Full Version : Engine compartment

pgermond
September 9th, 2003, 11:00 PM
All,
What color did you paint your engine compartment?

GeorgiaSnake
September 10th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Car is silver with black engine compartment. I really like the contrast.
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
September 10th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Car is silver with black engine compartment. I really like the contrast.
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

Brent
September 10th, 2003, 11:58 PM
I am covering the inner fenders,foot boxes, and firewall with polished aluminum.

You might think about covering the bottom of the inner fenders with DEI or Thermotec fabric to keep the heat from the headers from affecting the paint.

Brent

Brent
September 10th, 2003, 11:58 PM
I am covering the inner fenders,foot boxes, and firewall with polished aluminum.

You might think about covering the bottom of the inner fenders with DEI or Thermotec fabric to keep the heat from the headers from affecting the paint.

Brent

eliminator
September 11th, 2003, 10:28 PM
All aluminum panels, with insulation sandwiched between the aluminum and fiberglass. Have to run the heater to stay warm !!!!

Eliminator

eliminator
September 11th, 2003, 10:28 PM
All aluminum panels, with insulation sandwiched between the aluminum and fiberglass. Have to run the heater to stay warm !!!!

Eliminator

TurnpikeBoy
September 11th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Since the whole rest of the car is blood-red, how could I paint the engine compartment any other color?? Screwed up by not adding heat shields, tho...used that self-sticky cloth-type shielding and it pretty much fell off after the first full run session. Use stainless or aluminum shields.

But color? - I just think that something bright or same color as body makes it all look right. :D:D:D

Yeehah

TurnpikeBoy
September 11th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Since the whole rest of the car is blood-red, how could I paint the engine compartment any other color?? Screwed up by not adding heat shields, tho...used that self-sticky cloth-type shielding and it pretty much fell off after the first full run session. Use stainless or aluminum shields.

But color? - I just think that something bright or same color as body makes it all look right. :D:D:D

Yeehah