PDA

View Full Version : one wire alt

COBRAGAR
September 25th, 2003, 09:05 AM
how do you hook up one wire alt to amp gauge that comes w/the car . my one wire alt puts out 100 amp . using the standard harness that comes w/ the car

jhaynie
October 9th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Did anyone come up with info on this topic. I just ordered a replacement for my chrome plated 60 amp alternator and didn't think there would be an issue with the guage.

Apparerently chrome plated alternators only last 2000 miles.

John

jhaynie
October 9th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Did anyone come up with info on this topic. I just ordered a replacement for my chrome plated 60 amp alternator and didn't think there would be an issue with the guage.

Apparerently chrome plated alternators only last 2000 miles.

John

Mike Geddes
October 9th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Good Question
My Amp Gauge has never worked since I installed the one wire alternator...(11 years ago)
But I figured that as long as I was not running out of battery something must be charging it....even with the gauge showing squat.

Mike

Mike Geddes

Mike Geddes
October 9th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Good Question
My Amp Gauge has never worked since I installed the one wire alternator...(11 years ago)
But I figured that as long as I was not running out of battery something must be charging it....even with the gauge showing squat.

Mike

Mike Geddes

brfutbrian
October 9th, 2003, 07:08 AM
i used the one wire kit that unique uses, added it to my alternator and did nothing other than hookup the wiring harness according to the instructions from unique. my amp gauge works fine. later brian

brfutbrian
October 9th, 2003, 07:08 AM
i used the one wire kit that unique uses, added it to my alternator and did nothing other than hookup the wiring harness according to the instructions from unique. my amp gauge works fine. later brian