PDA

View Full Version : Burning Time

pgermond
October 3rd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Just wanting to burn up some time this weekend waiting for the return of my beautiful Indigo Blue/Titanium striped body... so I think I'll go gather up the necessities for my radiator setup, plus ground straps, gear oil, etc.

Unique lists sizes and part#'s for hoses in their manual for big blocks. Anything I should be aware of before setting out on my morning trek to the local Napa store (I'm beginning to feel like Norm on Cheers... where everybody knows your name... know what I mean?).

Phil

427 Roadster
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

dmiller
October 3rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
i know the feeling. it took me 4 trips to auto parts to get the correct fan belt. many trips to find the best radiator hose, glad i have a good store near by,

the bolt fastner store is all the way across town, that is a real chore.

good luck

dmiller
October 3rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
i know the feeling. it took me 4 trips to auto parts to get the correct fan belt. many trips to find the best radiator hose, glad i have a good store near by,

the bolt fastner store is all the way across town, that is a real chore.

good luck

Oldtimer
October 3rd, 2003, 08:45 PM
These are the hoses I used Upper Hose 7694, Lower Hose 8016, Water Pump 8633. They are connected with SS tubing, the lower one bent at a Muffler Shop to go thur.the front cross member. SS supplier www.onlinemetals.com Upper Tubing 1.75x.60, Lower 2.0x.60 I bought 3' each to allow for the wind !!!!!http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Oldtimer/Dsc00172C.jpghttp://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Oldtimer/Dsc00173C.jpg

Rich

Oldtimer
October 3rd, 2003, 08:45 PM
These are the hoses I used Upper Hose 7694, Lower Hose 8016, Water Pump 8633. They are connected with SS tubing, the lower one bent at a Muffler Shop to go thur.the front cross member. SS supplier www.onlinemetals.com Upper Tubing 1.75x.60, Lower 2.0x.60 I bought 3' each to allow for the wind !!!!!http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Oldtimer/Dsc00172C.jpghttp://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Oldtimer/Dsc00173C.jpg

Rich

Oldtimer
October 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Correct tubing sizes 1.75x.065x3' and 2.0x.065x3'After cutting to length I put 6 SS Pop rivets around the tube 1/2" from the end to prevent the hose from slipping off the tubing

Rich

Oldtimer
October 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Correct tubing sizes 1.75x.065x3' and 2.0x.065x3'After cutting to length I put 6 SS Pop rivets around the tube 1/2" from the end to prevent the hose from slipping off the tubing

Rich

Brent
October 3rd, 2003, 11:28 PM
I know how you feel, it took me 5 months to get mine back. There is plenty of stuff to do in the meantime. Does your kit have the self canceling turn signals? If not, you could do that.Driving around for 2 hours with your turn signal on in a Cobra is not cool. Replace all of the bulbs in the turn signals and tail lights(Lucas factory suck) I cut all of the butt connectors off of the dash assy. and used heat shrink on everything. If you have adj. rear shocks you can remove them and set them, I installed nutserts in place of the self tapping screws used as the rear body mounts, I safety wired all of the front brake components, Unique does the rear end but not the front.

Good luck keeping your sanity until it returns.

Brent

Brent
October 3rd, 2003, 11:28 PM
I know how you feel, it took me 5 months to get mine back. There is plenty of stuff to do in the meantime. Does your kit have the self canceling turn signals? If not, you could do that.Driving around for 2 hours with your turn signal on in a Cobra is not cool. Replace all of the bulbs in the turn signals and tail lights(Lucas factory suck) I cut all of the butt connectors off of the dash assy. and used heat shrink on everything. If you have adj. rear shocks you can remove them and set them, I installed nutserts in place of the self tapping screws used as the rear body mounts, I safety wired all of the front brake components, Unique does the rear end but not the front.

Good luck keeping your sanity until it returns.

Brent