PDA

View Full Version : Flaming River Steering Damper

eliminator
October 7th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Alan & Maurice,

[?]Any info on the new steering damper that Flaming River is putting out?
I definetly want to pull my steering shaft and install one this winter. That will take out any vibration from the rack & pinion steering that is on the car.[8D] Talked to some Street Rod guys that were using them and they are very happy with the results.[^][^]

Eliminator

Brent
October 9th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Rick,
What are the dimensions of the damper?

Brent
October 9th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Rick,
What are the dimensions of the damper?

eliminator
October 9th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Brent,

Will look up the info, you would put this on at the end of the steering shaft, the damper is build in to the U joint. Then the shaft that's there now will have to be replaced with a shorter shaft as the dampened u-joint is probably 1 1/2" longer than the existing U joint. So you would need the dampned U joint and a shorter shaft, that's it. Since you are in the build process I would do it now.

Eliminator

eliminator
October 9th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Brent,

Will look up the info, you would put this on at the end of the steering shaft, the damper is build in to the U joint. Then the shaft that's there now will have to be replaced with a shorter shaft as the dampened u-joint is probably 1 1/2" longer than the existing U joint. So you would need the dampned U joint and a shorter shaft, that's it. Since you are in the build process I would do it now.

Eliminator

Brent
October 9th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Thanks. I think I will do that

Brent
October 9th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Thanks. I think I will do that