PDA

View Full Version : Painting the Wheel Wells Black

patrija
October 16th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Builder painted mine white, but Alan and other suggested black. Want to go that direction - what did you use? How did you do it - very nervous about messing up the body's "outside" paint job.

GeorgiaSnake
October 16th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Jason I used NAPA undercoating. If you get it on the paint it wipes right off. When you get the clutch fixed drive over and we can do your car in less than an hour
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

GeorgiaSnake
October 16th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Jason I used NAPA undercoating. If you get it on the paint it wipes right off. When you get the clutch fixed drive over and we can do your car in less than an hour
Randy

Unique 289 FIA
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

pgermond
October 16th, 2003, 11:50 AM
I was going to do the undercoat in the wheel wells myself, but rather than risking futzing it up with a "rattle can", I opted to have him do the more industrial strength undercoat while the car is being painted.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
October 16th, 2003, 11:50 AM
I was going to do the undercoat in the wheel wells myself, but rather than risking futzing it up with a "rattle can", I opted to have him do the more industrial strength undercoat while the car is being painted.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Brent
October 16th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I used an epoxy based truck bedliner material that you apply with a roller.(satin black) It sets up like hard rubber and should protect the fiberglass from rocks. I did the underside of the entire body and it was about 69.00 for the kit.
No overspray with a roller and the only clean up was a trash can.

Brent

Brent
October 16th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I used an epoxy based truck bedliner material that you apply with a roller.(satin black) It sets up like hard rubber and should protect the fiberglass from rocks. I did the underside of the entire body and it was about 69.00 for the kit.
No overspray with a roller and the only clean up was a trash can.

Brent

patrija
October 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Great - Thanks everyone

PS - Randy, be careful what you offer - I'll probably take you up on it!

patrija
October 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Great - Thanks everyone

PS - Randy, be careful what you offer - I'll probably take you up on it!